POP times...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She gets her right foot down quick. Good actions!

Good feet and good canon, but could have been a bit quicker with her hands. That said, she had a really outstanding SS on her TB team last year - spectacular hands for making tags. They got a lot of outs on the bases.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I have said before if catchers really had 1.65 pop times NOBODY could steal.

Pop time doesn't take into account accuracy issues. 1.65 to a difficult location for SS to get control and make a tag isn't going to be successful very often. There is also an issue if the throw is faster than the SS can get there. The runner is going on pitch release. SS has to wait to see if the ball has been put in play before she can move.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I have said before if catchers really had 1.65 pop times NOBODY could steal.
In addition to Eric F comments
Pop time doesn't take into account accuracy issues. 1.65 to a difficult location for SS to get control and make a tag isn't going to be successful very often. There is also an issue if the throw is faster than the SS can get there. The runner is going on pitch release. SS has to wait to see if the ball has been put in play before she can move.
The elapsed time the runners have to steal bases starts when the ball leaves the pitcher's hand. And for some Runners moments before ball leaves the pitcher's hand.

Pitch speed is also part of the equation for elapsed time.

Oct 26, 2019
In addition to Eric F comments

The elapsed time the runners have to steal bases starts when the ball leaves the pitcher's hand. And for some Runners moments before ball leaves the pitcher's hand.

Pitch speed is also part of the equation for elapsed time.
I’m glad you said the part about leaving early. Have watched steals on film quite a few times where the throw was right on the money, girl was safe by a little, look back at the film and what do you know - she left early.

Feb 15, 2017
I’m glad you said the part about leaving early. Have watched steals on film quite a few times where the throw was right on the money, girl was safe by a little, look back at the film and what do you know - she left early.
Smart coaches will send girls early until they get caught.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Smart coaches will send girls early until they get caught.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
That's an interesting comment. Suggestion to start a post topic~ to ask how many people coach like that? Purposely leave early?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478