Poor balance? Swing issue?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
turn part is confusing
CPujols.gif
CCabrera.gif

Duplicate this move:
CPujolsSwivel.gif
CCabreraSwivel.gif

Keep your weight back....do not let it get to the front foot.
Keep your rear forearm vertical....as vertical as you can....a pinched bicep.
Launch the barrel rearward by swiveling your top hand.

Apr 26, 2014
So looking at the various swings compared to hers it seems their bats continue on a downward path where hers flattens out and this is where the problem lies?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
So looking at the various swings compared to hers it seems their bats continue on a downward path where hers flattens out and this is where the problem lies?
yxnWHw.gif

Problem is your DD doesn't use her hands. Your DD swings with her arms and her hands are just along for the ride.
Unlike these hitters who 'turn the barrel to the ball' with their hands.
CPujols.gif
CCabrera.gif

the amount of arch of 'turning/turn' depends on the height of the pitched ball.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
I think your on an information overload! Keep rereading the info you were already given and research "barrel turn" or "turning the barrel". That will keep you busy for months and help your understanding....

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
swiveling your top hand.
ForearmsOverhead.gif

Just my opinion, this clip does NOT represent top hand swivel. This clip represents barrel dump, shoulder dropping, Hitting the catcher in the head with the barrel then trying to recover the barrel path with a spin.
IMO there's more of a rotational element to the swivel action. The feeling in the hand and wrist when using a GYRO ball seems more in line with top hand swivel. Not hatin' just sharin' a feeling....:)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just my opinion, this clip does NOT represent top hand swivel. This clip represents barrel dump, shoulder dropping, Hitting the catcher in the head with the barrel then trying to recover the barrel path with a spin.
IMO there's more of a rotational element to the swivel action. The feeling in the hand and wrist when using a GYRO ball seems more in line with top hand swivel. Not hatin' just sharin' a feeling....:)

Rotation of what?

Nov 1, 2008
Use you're back correctly and everything else should happen naturally...

I just don't see how that's helpful at all. I don't mean that in an argumentative sense, but to say that and then not offer your explanation of the CORRECT way to use one's back does nothing to help this person teach their daughter. You could have said "Use the force Luke" and been just as helpful and maybe drawn a smile.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

You can see from this gif that the 'barrel will be dumped'? The swivel hands/forearms stay level. Plus I don't see no bat that can/will be dumped from this gif.
I'm not hatin' neither, just sharing also....:p
shoulder dropping,
PujolsStretch1.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812