POLL~Would you fly this summer for S.B.?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you fly this summer for s.b.?

• Yes?

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No?

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters
May 12, 2016
Nope, don't think I would be a responsible parent flying at times like these, setting a very bad example for my DD and others.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Agree with the previous answer of "if the doctors / scientists give the all clear" and not before. But that's for flying in general.

Realistically, our team (12u) doesn't fly for softball - we've turned down earned invites to tournaments that would have required a flight. I think we have 23 of 24 parents working, most with multiple kids in multiple sports. Plenty of good and affordable softball within driving distance to satisfy these girls so far.

edit: not a judgement on those who regularly fly for softball - everyone's situation is different, just answering for me.

Oct 4, 2018
I agree it depends. We only have one tourney scheduled that would require a flight..and it’s in early June so I’m kind of hoping we cancel that one and pick up a local tourney - especially since we haven’t been practicing. (DD has been working on her own everyday but getting on the dirt with the team before heading to a big tourney would be a beautiful thing!) We have 2 more tourneys within an 8 hour drive (later in June and July)...we would drive to those anyway - I like having my stuff!

Gas here was $1.45 and $1.65!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we gonna be rusty. :)

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Would you fly this summer for S.B.?
Yes? Or No?

Will people go to driving distance only events?
Play in state only for Nationals?
Or neighboring smaller local states?

Atleast gas was only $2.89 a gln yesterday. $1 cheaper, $2 bucks cheaper than ripp'off prices here.

Nope but I hate flying anyway so, the Coronavirus hysteria has little effect on my answer. ;)

Apr 1, 2017
We don't fly anywhere, in fact only have 1 tournament at the end of season that requires hotel rooms. I do wonder that even if we start playing again, how much will parents want to do 3 nights in a hotel room/restaurants. It's one thing to be smart and safe while at a game, and then drive back home. Another thing to travel 3 hours to another city.

Aug 25, 2019
in 5 years of TB, we have never flown to a tournament, never want to. The furthest we went was about a 5 hour drive, that's about my limit.

Apr 28, 2014
Round trip from Philly to Dever for IDT is $71
No brainer
Won't be a tournament but we can still go

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Round trip from Philly to Dever for IDT is $71
No brainer
Won't be a tournament but we can still go
I got my flight in February with Rapid Rewards points for the trip to IDT. The last 4 years I drove, but I'm going by myself this year. If Widespread Panic is still playing at Red Rocks, I'm going to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478