POLL~Hitting camp, would you go?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you attend?

• YES

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • NO

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
To set the scenario of the question~

Player learned a set of hitting mechanics they have been using for 2 years.
A hitting camp that travels from state to state will be in your local area.
The player has the opportunity to go to this camp for free.
However the camp will NOT be teaching the same hitting mechanics the player has been doing.

Would you attend?

Yes?
No?

Add reasonings if you like...

Jun 8, 2016
Can I (the person who will be with her everyday working with her..) just go and watch without her..

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Can I (the person who will be with her everyday working with her..) just go and watch without her..
😁 No, it's in a private gated locked secure location like area 51...LOL

Seriously, like the question you propose because for camps that we can go watch for free think there is value if we can see how things are facilitated and listen to what's being taught.

I proposed this poll question because often times going to college/or instructional camps people don't know exactly what is going to be taught.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
😁 No, it's in a private gated locked secure location like area 51...LOL

Seriously, like the question you propose because for camps that we can go watch for free think there is value if we can see how things are facilitated and listen to what's being taught.

I proposed this poll question because often times going to college camps people don't know exactly what is going to be taught.
Going to a college camp is to get exposure. I am not expecting them to teach my kid anything. Parents who send their 10 YO to a college camp might as well burn their money. If they have money to burn and just want their kid to have fun then have at it..

Camps are useless in terms of instruction for most kids (especially under a certain age) unless the person who is helping them the other 364 days of the year is there to understand what is being taught. Telling a kid at a camp to get to the right of a GB right at them and to time the left foot to the catch isn't going to do anything unless they then go out and execute that 10000 times properly.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
10000 times??? Somebody read The Talent Code.
Never read it but I have seen that number quoted from the book so I stole it....lol. I don't need
any books to reinforce hard work..I am already OCD about it to the point where it ruins a lot of my life.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Going to a college camp is to get exposure. I am not expecting them to teach my kid anything. Parents who send their 10 YO to a college camp might as well burn their money. If they have money to burn and just want their kid to have fun then have at it..

Camps are useless in terms of instruction for most kids (especially under a certain age) unless the person who is helping them the other 364 days of the year is there to understand what is being taught. Telling a kid at a camp to get to the right of a GB right at them and to time the left foot to the catch isn't going to do anything unless they then go out and execute that 10000 times properly.
Therein lies a difficulty about knowing what's going to happen at a college camp.
Yes there are some college camps that are for exposure but in a lot of college camps they are also instructional sessions in those camps. Different age camps too.
🤷‍♀️

Then there are camps to go to that are specifically instructional like a camp that may be traveling from state to state.

GO GO POLL CHOICES!!!

As to your point about someone teaching something in a couple hours and then people expecting the player to nail it,...
Amazing how some people think learning something in the head is going to automatically be replicated in the body. Some players pretty darn good at that though not all.

Jun 8, 2016
Therein lies a difficulty about knowing what's going to happen at a college camp.
Yes there are some college camps that are for exposure but in a lot of college camps they are also instructional sessions in those camps. Different age camps too.
🤷‍♀️

Then there are camps to go to that are specifically instructional like a camp that may be traveling from state to state.
When I said college camps are for exposure, I meant that is the only reason to go (IMO) regardless of whether they have instruction or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom