POLL 🏁Catchers secondary position

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Catcher secondary position

• outfield

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • corner

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • mid infield

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • pitcher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Curious, then which corner is more prevalent? RH Catcher and 3rd (this is the case for one of my DD's), LH Catcher and 1B maybe?
Theres several lefty catchers on the forum to do a poll?
Perhaps that question answers itself becsuse of throwing angle?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Mine is on mostly 3rd when not catching, she also does SS about 10%. She'll play anywhere coach puts her really.
Yep, my catcher DD has played every other position on the field except for P in a game. Though if you ask her she has a wicked Change Up. ;-) My Pitcher DD has played everywhere on the field also with the exception of C in a game...she doesn't even like catching when warming up another P.

Sep 13, 2020
Lefty DD1 catcher played 4 games today. Caught two, LF for about 2 innings in another and 2B(!?) in one where she made a spectacular layout backhand grab to get the out at first.

Mar 6, 2016
C and P can be tough. I would avoid this combination if you can. Pick one or the other.

Corners seems like a good anwser to me.

Yep... My lefty DD was top ranked pitcher in our league from 8u to 12u but also played C if she wasn't pitching and it was really tough to do enough work for both and what is needed as they get older. She liked catcher more and just wasn't into all the work and time needed to keep pitching from 12u on. Now plays just C and 1B. Each coach keeps trying to persuade her to pitch again but she just enjoys C much more now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802