Pocket Radar Battery Life

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I’ve used mine several times per week for the last couple years and only changed batteries a couple times. I’ve never tried or saw a reason to use continuous mode. I work with 20+ kids per week and just pull it out here and there for change up and rise comparisons against a FB, or to set a baseline or measure a benchmark.

I’ve been very impressed with the consistency and accuracy of my PR.

Last edited:
May 9, 2015
West Virginia
I have the new one with usb charging port and speed embedded in the video clip, it also calls out loud the speed on your phone. Great setup and tool, definitely worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pocket R

Measure - Train - Improve
Jun 12, 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
I have the new one with usb charging port and speed embedded in the video clip, it also calls out loud the speed on your phone. Great setup and tool, definitely worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear that you like the features of the new Smart Coach Radar. Using the USB power port allows you to run the radar for several hours using an external USB power source like a rechargeable power pack. Keep in mind that this port does not "charge" the internal batteries in the radar because Alkaline batteries are not rechargeable so it would be dangerous to make that a charge port. Instead, it switches out the internal batteries and powers the radar from USB.
If you ever have any questions about any of our Pocket Radar brand products please give us a call on our toll-free support line at 888.381.2672 weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time.
Thanks,
Chris Stewart / President, Pocket Radar Inc.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Glad to hear that you like the features of the new Smart Coach Radar. Using the USB power port allows you to run the radar for several hours using an external USB power source like a rechargeable power pack. Keep in mind that this port does not "charge" the internal batteries in the radar because Alkaline batteries are not rechargeable so it would be dangerous to make that a charge port. Instead, it switches out the internal batteries and powers the radar from USB.
If you ever have any questions about any of our Pocket Radar brand products please give us a call on our toll-free support line at 888.381.2672 weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time.
Thanks,
Chris Stewart / President, Pocket Radar Inc.

That's actually a better design. Charging in the field while taking readings would generate more heat than needed possibly causing an overload. Good job guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12