PLEASE STOP SAYING 'your doing it wrong'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
How do you differ your approach in these two situations:
One girl has been working on a skill and knows the correct approach but at times in games does not execute like she does in practice.
The second girl is playing like she has always played and may or may not know what she is doing wrong
Next question: do you address them during a game? Or wait until practice? Probably depends on quite a few variables...
I never try to make adjustments during a game. Let them play. Practice is for coaching and making adjustments.
Just my $.02

Apr 9, 2020
the only thing is my teaching occurs in the operating room and sometimes I can't be too nice and patient lol..especially if I see something being done wrong

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Good Reminders

👍
Offer tools for success,
not words of distress.
WooHoo
Explaining the end goal is huge. I’m a big fan of “try it this way and see if it helps”.

And explaining the “why” is often helpful I’ve found.

I’ve been guilty of the “you’re doing it wrong” and have made a conscious effort to stop.
WooHoo!
I have recently started to correct players or students in the class room when they say "I can't". I let them know I would not ask them to do something that I did not know they could achieve. It has helped some student athletes.
WooHoo!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478