players looking for a team and stats included

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
I’d be more interested to find out what the player has done on previous travel teams re: teams played, stats, etc. Granted I know the stats won’t be perfect depending on who kept them - but maybe just knowing teams they played and where player batted in lineup or who they pitched against might help you gauge level of play a little better.

I take all HS stats with a grain of salt. Like angispeds mentioned, if it’s Maxpreps it probably doesn’t paint the whole picture.

That all being said - I’d proceed with caution. Way too easy for people to portray someone they’re not on SM.

Good point.

Honestly, most (good) coaches know every girl the age of their team. We know all the '09 girls in Georgia very well, and don't usually even need tryouts because we've watched them play for years.

Oct 4, 2018
it's a player (or parent) reaching out on a forum due to team folding recently.

Like OrangeSocks says, it's the lazy, uninformed way to go.

I've said it here 100 times - always know which teams you're interested in moving to. As you go to tournament after tournament and watch dozens of teams, be able to fill in the blank: "If our team folds, I'd want to play on _________".

Jun 22, 2019
HS stats could be garbage. At the school my daughters attended, they listed all errors and fielders choice as base hits. They also missed recording stats on half the games, so innings or HRs may have been missed.

I would try them out if I needed players. it takes about 10 minutes to tell if they are a player or not.

Aug 23, 2016
I see parents advertising for their kids all the time, including parents of kids I am familiar with, and I just kind of assume that they're all embellishing. Just like I assume that all teams putting out ads are embellishing. It's kind of the nature of the beast with advertising.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom