Player sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2015
DD is 15 and wanting a new pair. Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a solid pair that hold up?

Aug 20, 2018
Was going to post something like this as well. Daughter has trouble finding something that fits under her mask comfortably, especially while she pitches

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD has a pair of Under Armour sun glasses. I don't remember what model they are, but they do fit under her mask. She is pretty small so they may even be a youth model. They are not very durable though and she's on her third pair of replacements. If I were to buy her new ones today I would spend a little extra and get Oakleys.

Feb 12, 2014
Second to the Shady Rays suggestion. Very good glasses, outstanding warranty.

DD wears a pair of Boombah sunglasses. Very good quality for the price.

No way am I putting my kid in high dollar sunglasses only to have them thrown in a bat bag, etc.

May 16, 2016
Oakley Quarter Jacket if she is on small side. Half Jacket is slightly larger, and Flak Jacket if she is Adult size already. They have a nice variety of frame and lens colors.

I like these because you can snap in new lenses. So "WHEN" the lenses get scratched, you can replace just the lenses without needing to buy a entire new pair. My 12U and 14U still wearing quarter jackets, but I would probably step up to half jacket on the 14u DD if I had to buy a replacement today.

May 6, 2015
does anyone know of any shields/visors/not certain what they are called for catchers masks, or for fielding masks for that matter? might be a good solution to the fit issue

Apr 20, 2015
does anyone know of any shields/visors/not certain what they are called for catchers masks, or for fielding masks for that matter? might be a good solution to the fit issue
They are illegal in most sanctions because they can't be removed without moving the neck in case of head injury to check the pupils like sunglasses can be slid off. Same reason hs football can't wear tinted visors in many states

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 6, 2015
They are illegal in most sanctions because they can't be removed without moving the neck in case of head injury to check the pupils like sunglasses can be slid off. Same reason hs football can't wear tinted visors in many states

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tell me how they are going to get sunglasses or regular glasses off her without removing her catchers helmet, or at least moving it wround.
same way you would the tinted visor, someone holds helmet still, another unscrews all the fastners for the facemask. this would make visor attached to face guard a step ahead of glasses like DD has but rarely wears (very light Rx, but they are photogray), which are held on with strap, rather than just normal earpieces.

dumb rule put in without thinking it through.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28