Player Communications App 14U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
We currently use TEAMSNAP to communicate with parents and keep schedule updates.

I had read somewhere here on DFP about an app that coach(es) used to communicate directly to their players but it also kept a record of the communication. I liked that concept that kept a record of the communications.

half of our team will be HS Freshman this year and half 8th graders. The HS coaches DON'T communicate through the parents first.

I'd like to start prepping our players for that as well. Does anyone have good recommendations for apps that accomplish this?

Not looking to keep parents ot of the loop either but keep things like "what uniforms" and team homework assignments directed at just players and not bombard parents with things players should start taking responsibility for.

Jul 3, 2019
USA
Our team uses GroupMe - it does keep a running list of all messages sent. People can also direct message from the app, which is nice if you (coach or parent) don't have someone's phone number and need to communicate with them!

May 10, 2019
GroupMe is great. The parents are able to view it. I ask all parents to be on the app, but do not post on it. I wanted the girls to feel like it was theirs. But I needed the parents to be able to view what was going on. CYA!!!!

Aug 3, 2019
SI PLAY app works okay too. You can post your schedule, communicate through it. The schedule can integrate with any other calendar app you run. As a parent you can run multiple kids through it as well if each team is set up in it.

Jun 12, 2015
A lot of teams use GroupMe. It's good because if a player doesn't have a phone they can check it on the computer. I know at 14U most do but I still know a few whose parents still won't let them have one. Or, they lose it if their grades drop, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812