Play catch vs. Have a Catch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Well here in Georgia (pronounced jowja) we don't have any wierd sayings. We play catch also. When I first heard "have a catch" in Field of Dreams, I just thought some producer or writer didn't know what they were talking about... untill I heard it on this forum.

My wife is from Michigan, and I did have to educate her on a few things when we first dated though. Things like when we go somewhere to git a coke you can actually have any kind of soft drink (high society speek) you want. Fix'n can mean repair'n or gittin' ready to do somethin' (G's are silent, by the way) as in I'm fix'n to git me a coke. Y'all can be singular or plural. Cat-head biskits refer to the size not taste.

But wadaIno I'm jus' sayin'... ;)

I've always heard it pronounced jawja.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
As all know, we "go down the Shore". I can certainly have a "pop" but my 13 y/o DD is drinking soda. You must be 21 to legally enjoy a "pop" here.

I have no idea what a moon pie is, Fried Green Tomatoes is a movie, we drink iced tea (unsweetened) or flavored tea, though the in-laws in Houston do offer sweet tea when we visit.

DD & I both enjoy Dr. Pepper. I have cousins who live in north east Connecticut (Red Sox fans) who eat grinders and hagies - I had no idea there was a difference as we oder hot or cold subs. Deep dish pizza is something you egt wha you visit Chicago - paper thin cristy crust on a pizza is the only way it should be made.

The guy from Joisey - Exit 140

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
When I want a "soda", I say I want a drink. Folks from... well, not around here... assume I want an alcoholic drink. I'm Southern and ashamed to admit that I don't especially care for sweet tea.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I have no idea what a moon pie is

Nah, I bet you do, you just don't know it.

DD & I both enjoy Dr. Pepper.

What, no Mr. Pibb? ;) I love people who order unsweetened tea and then dump a load of sugar in the glass. :D

I have cousins who live in north east Connecticut (Red Sox fans) who eat grinders and hagies - I had no idea there was a difference as we oder hot or cold subs. Deep dish pizza is something you egt wha you visit Chicago - paper thin cristy crust on a pizza is the only way it should be made.

Yuck! Cardboard! Need some dough, maybe not deep dish, but something that doesn't go crunch.:eek:

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
MTR: I've had Mr Pibb, sort of tastes like Dr. Pepper......is tere another term or name for a moon pie? A friend who lived in Chicago termed Chicago deep dish pizza "lasagna on bread"....not a bad description.

Oct 10, 2010
A moonpie has got these two round graham cracker-tasting cookies with a layer of marshmallow between them and then the whole thing is covered in chocolate. I'm getting hungry now. Wish I had one.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
A moon pie is 2 round graham crackers with marshmellow in between, then dipped in banana flavored coating. They make other flavors, but banana is the original. If you want one go to RC Cola and Moon Pie Comes in a package deal with an RC Cola!

Sorry MsDinosaur2, you beat me to it. chocolate is good too though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28