Pitching Shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2008
Hello,
Is there a certain shoe that you all use for your pitchers, so the toe dont wear out so fast? Or so you just use a product like Tuff Toe that you can paint on or glue on? I want to get something for my daughter that will last, as the pair of shoes I got here this year is wearing out already on the toe. They were cheaper shoes, so I won't be losing a pile of money. Let me know what you think is the best way to go and what will alst longest.

Thanks,

Rob

Dec 19, 2008
Ringors or Tanels with pitching toe. Ringors are better IMO. Also, UnderArmour and Mizuno make cleats with a pitching toe, but not sure how good they are.

Jun 20, 2008
Ringors are the best way to go. Tanel's cleat wears down way to fast. Mizuno's pitching toe does nothing. My dd had those and after just one game, tore a hole in the toe. Not sure about the underarmor, but a friend of mine is now going to Ringors too.

My dd loves her ringors. She has 2 pairs now. Metal for HS and molded for Travel. She will not use anything else...well, unless she goes to college and they pay for her cleats!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Ringor. DD loves hers, the cleat wears out way before the toe. I hear Tanel is pretty good but have no experience.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yep, only Ringors. They run very small though and check out whether she needs the light weight one or the original shoe.

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
Ringors have been my kids choice, both pitcher and the fielder, for 6 years now.

Edited to add: Had to order a rubber cleat ringor for my delicate little darling - arrived just now, just in time for first travel tournament for the year.

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I bought my daughter's first pair of Ringors (DGem with the pitcher toe) this spring and she finds them very comfortable. I think they're your best bet if your daughters playing alot of ball.

Mar 30, 2009
my DD has used Ringors since she started pitching, we just tried our first pair of Tanel 360's. she likes them both, she said the Tanels feel like regular shoes,very light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802