Pitching rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2009
We worked hard in practice yesterday on keeping contact with the rubber on the pivot. It worked out very well. She is only 10 years old, but has a bright future. The umpires we are dealing with are just looking to call anything on these kids. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
This is very unfortunate to state but applies much too often, Umpires are very reluctant to call any illegal pitch. I've just watched a young lady hop on what I'd guess was 98% of her pitches at the state tournament. Clear air can be seen from any angle. Yet, no illegal pitches were called despite the other teams often pointing it out. During one game, I overheard a group of parents saying that they were wanting to rate her "hang time." While I laughed my butt off, it was truely a sad statement.

Mar 18, 2009
La Crosse WI
From a strictly pragmatic standpoint (ignoring the rules), the pitcher should always strive to push off the rubber with the pivot foot. Simply because most the ground in front of the rubber on most diamonds will be severely dug out in front of the rubber, and it's very hard to pitch out of a hole.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812