Pitching replant (crow hop)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
NFHS Umpire Training video on Crow Hopping.

Thanks that may be the best simple definition I have seen. Paying attention to where the arm circle is when the first push off seems to be the key indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Yes, it's an obvious replant. When the rear knee re-flexes and points rearward like that, it's an illegal replant 100% of the time. BUT. JUST. GIVE. UP. NOW. It will NEVER be called. You need to just resign yourself now that from this point today through the end of any of your children's softball careers, you will NEVER see a crowhop called. EVER. You might see 1 out of every 500 leaps called, and you will see a fair amount of double touches called, but you will never ever ever see a replant called. If your daughter is a pitcher, embrace it and teach her to be a skippy. You will save yourself years of frustration!!
You seem bitter..😂

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Regardless if it's an illegal pitch or not GOOD THING the batter still has the opportunity to
💥 CRUSH THE BALL 💥

Jul 14, 2018
Definitely not a replant, just a little bit of a leap followed by a drive leg touch to stop her from falling over due to lack of FSR. Leaping is legal now in most sanctions.

There’s a local 18U pitcher in our area who replants egregiously. When the opposing coach complains, blue will usually call an IP and she’ll stop for a few pitches. Then she’ll start doing it again, coach will object, blue will call IP. By the third complaint, blue is usually done calling her on it.

Jul 27, 2021
Definitely not a replant, just a little bit of a leap followed by a drive leg touch to stop her from falling over due to lack of FSR. Leaping is legal now in most sanctions.

There’s a local 18U pitcher in our area who replants egregiously. When the opposing coach complains, blue will usually call an IP and she’ll stop for a few pitches. Then she’ll start doing it again, coach will object, blue will call IP. By the third complaint, blue is usually done calling her on it.

Another report of bad umps. Give them a redbull and a sandwich or send them packing for the day. No excuses for not being in the game, making bad calls or no calls.

I was just re-watching some DD games (tring to find some highlights). During the game there was play where the runner on 1B ran right in into 2nd baseman making a play on the hit. 2nd wasn't able to make the play and gave the ball back to the pitcher. Field Ump made no reaction and no call. Just stood there and waited for the next batter and pitch. The PU finally made the call and took care of business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802