Pitching mat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Does anyone have a pitching mat they are looking to get rid of? 10x3 either rubber or turf with power line in good condition?

Apr 28, 2019
Go to tractor supply and buy the mat. Paint a stripe on it and glue a pitching rubber on it.

less than $150
Yeah I’m not sure if I want the rubber or turf type mat. It’s for outdoor use. Just looking to take it to tennis courts when there is no snow on the ground.

I believe they go for around $200 for a decent mat. I was just curious if anybody had one they no longer needed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Feb 15, 2017
$40 stall mat from farm supply. Cut it in half with a razor knife. Glue down a rubber and then use white hurricane tape for the powerline. Probably $70 total invested. Won’t slip, not too heavy. Would be hard to convince me to go any other route.

Apr 28, 2019
Thanks. I am a little concerned about the turf mats slipping. We were using a turf mat on a turf floor and it moved quite a bit. I’m thinking rubber may be the way to go.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m all for saving a few bucks if it’s quick & easy.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...

Feb 15, 2017
You are correct- cut in half using a razor knife and now you have 2X12. Mine doesn’t slip a lick on concrete or turf and I just butt them against one another. I suppose you could tape them together if you felt the need. They have little “gripper” feet which do really well with the weight of the mat. The mat cuts really easy with a sharp knife up against a straight edge scoring over and over again. My backup was a jigsaw but I didn’t need to get it out.

Jul 31, 2019
Thanks. I am a little concerned about the turf mats slipping. We were using a turf mat on a turf floor and it moved quite a bit. I’m thinking rubber may be the way to go.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m all for saving a few bucks if it’s quick & easy.
Easy fix for mats slipping on a turf surface. Go to Home Depot or equivalent and buy a small section of the clear carpet runner on duct tape it to the bottom with the point facing out

from a mechanics standpoint my guess is she is real stiff in the front leg when landing

1577335750490.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802