pitching mat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I am wanting to make a pitching mat. The club k powerline mat looks good, but I am thinking $200 is pretty steep for one and they couldn't be that hard to make. Has anyone made one similiar? Our do you have one and can give me an idea of how it is constructed.

Dec 19, 2008
I am wanting to make a pitching mat. The club k powerline mat looks good, but I am thinking $200 is pretty steep for one and they couldn't be that hard to make. Has anyone made one similiar? Our do you have one and can give me an idea of how it is constructed.

Definately make one. Very easy and cheap. I was in the same boat. Had a setup for daughter to pitch indoors in the winter, but needed a portable mat to take to indoor team practices. Plus, all 3 pitchers got to use it then.

I went to Lowe's, to their carpet section. Across from the large rolls of carpet, they have narrower rolls. I found this gray carpet, really nappy, heavy duty, with a rubber backing. I had them cut off 8'. Bought some liquid nails, as well. Got a Schutt pitching rubber, glued it on one end, 12" in. Cost me a total of $51 and some change. Easy to roll up, heavy duty, and doesn't slip. Gotta wear tennis or turf shoes though.

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

Definately make one. Very easy and cheap. I was in the same boat. Had a setup for daughter to pitch indoors in the winter, but needed a portable mat to take to indoor team practices. Plus, all 3 pitchers got to use it then.

I went to Lowe's, to their carpet section. Across from the large rolls of carpet, they have narrower rolls. I found this gray carpet, really nappy, heavy duty, with a rubber backing. I had them cut off 8'. Bought some liquid nails, as well. Got a Schutt pitching rubber, glued it on one end, 12" in. Cost me a total of $51 and some change. Easy to roll up, heavy duty, and doesn't slip. Gotta wear tennis or turf shoes though.

You probably could paint white lines on it pretty easy too?
TM

Dec 19, 2008
You probably could paint white lines on it pretty easy too?
TM

Yes, that would be easy too. The carpet I bought was "grooved" or "ridged" lengthwise. So yeah, put some masking tape down, and paint your lines. Just use a flexible paing, also, found at lowe's, home depot, or auto-parts store.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2