Pitching examples

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The impressive thing about this video is that it is continuous, not pitch by pitch, that shows her control.

How hard is she throwing or ended up throwing? If you know.

Her spring releases at a angle, not right at the target. Steps to right a little. Which when combined makes it look like she closes more.

We can compare it to Garcia above who releases straight at the target and looks more open.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Then you have someone straight on, open/close.

So, this is very different than the pitchers I clocked at 60 Sunday who stayed open. Just an example,

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
How hard is she throwing or ended up throwing? If you know.

Her spring releases at a angle, not right at the target. Steps to right a little. Which when combined makes it look like she closes more.

We can compare it to Garcia above who releases straight at the target and looks more open.
The first two pitchers are both D3. The lefty is one of the top pitchers in her conference, she threw upper 50's at best. She had pinpoint control with several pitches, that was why she was so good.

"I want to be understand the differences between 50 60 70."

Looking at mechanics is only part of the story, you have to take into account natural athletic ability, some girls just have 'live arms' and you can't see that in a video.

There are many contributors to velocity and each pitcher is a unique blend. I believe that the arm action is by far the most important. Some pitchers rely more on the arm/ball circle (Finch, Pauley) and some rely more on IR (Ueno). I don't feel that open/closed matters much as long as they stay within certain limits (don't get stuck open or close too early).

Jun 8, 2016
Wait a minute.........I was at this tournament........I don't remember seeing a big grumpy dude sitting out in the outfield.
She didn't play for us last spring/summer. That team disbanded, we picked up her and another kid from them for this Fall. Marcela played for them a few years ago before moving to a different team in the org.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee