Pitching coach CT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
My DD is 14U, 9th grade.
Mid 50's and pitching 4 pitches fairly well ... FB, 2-seam (drops/curves), change up, drop ball.
She doesn't get knocked around ... good at corners and FB & 2-seam also several speeds so batters don't get too comfy with what is coming next.

Her mechanics are pretty good ... but not nearly as good as they could/should be. We've done most of this in our back yard with me reading, some videos, asking ??'s here.

around 9-10 we brought her to a pitching coach and he wanted to add more than the two she had at the time ... she could hardly throw a strike consistently then.
(there are some decent pitchers coming out of there now but they all have 6-7+ pitches at 14U)
Did the same last year ... previous D1 college pitcher ... also wanted to add more pitches.

Jennifer Hapanowicz @ Elite turns out very good pitchers but she is ridiculously booked ..
honestly, we can't get my DD to a pitching coach every week ($$ and time restrictions)
Jen is pretty strict about "attendance".

I have no illusions .. my DD isn't going to be a D1 pitcher ... we are all OK with that .....
She can be better, but how can it be done w/o a good pitching coach?

Been going over some Hillhouse videos online ... may purchase DVD there...

My DD loves softball, loves pitching, pretty sure we can get some more improvement.
She isn't physically gifted (only 5'5") .. but definitely has the mental strength/attitude.

Jun 13, 2009
Five

I see Hillhouse is coming to Maine in March (according to his site) but have you ever thought of getting him there for a clinic? We did that in my area and now he comes back every month because the demand was/is huge and keeps growing. His rapport with the kids is incredible and the instant respect he gets from them by demonstrating cannot be duplicated. Then, to top it off, he teaches the parents along with the kids so they can all work together. Suffice it to say I cannot say enough good things about him and what he does. He won't talk much about it but his list of pitching students is pretty remarkable too. I know there are some SEC Division 1 schools that send pitchers to him during the summer months, that says quite a bit too.

CG

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Would look into that!
Wonder about costs and where we could even do this type of event in our area ...

I'd love to have him teach my DD's ...

LOL .. maybe we can do video lessons !
LOL

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
My DD is 14U, 9th grade.
Mid 50's and pitching 4 pitches fairly well ... FB, 2-seam (drops/curves), change up, drop ball.
She doesn't get knocked around ... good at corners and FB & 2-seam also several speeds so batters don't get too comfy with what is coming next.

Her mechanics are pretty good ... but not nearly as good as they could/should be. We've done most of this in our back yard with me reading, some videos, asking ??'s here.

around 9-10 we brought her to a pitching coach and he wanted to add more than the two she had at the time ... she could hardly throw a strike consistently then.
(there are some decent pitchers coming out of there now but they all have 6-7+ pitches at 14U)
Did the same last year ... previous D1 college pitcher ... also wanted to add more pitches.

Jennifer Hapanowicz @ Elite turns out very good pitchers but she is ridiculously booked ..
honestly, we can't get my DD to a pitching coach every week ($$ and time restrictions)
Jen is pretty strict about "attendance".

I have no illusions .. my DD isn't going to be a D1 pitcher ... we are all OK with that .....
She can be better, but how can it be done w/o a good pitching coach?

Been going over some Hillhouse videos online ... may purchase DVD there...

My DD loves softball, loves pitching, pretty sure we can get some more improvement.
She isn't physically gifted (only 5'5") .. but definitely has the mental strength/attitude.

"but definitely has the mental strength/attitude."

Sneaky Softball Pitching .com

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802