Pitching Arm hitting and brusing side

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Kamero, My dd also had trouble with this bruising her hip. It seems this sometimes happens when pitchers are working on trying to get ball up at 9 O'clock. I think sometimes it is when the pitcher holds the ball up past 9 O'clock which drive the elbow into the hip. We Bucket dads should b careful of how we say ball up at 9 O'clock. We need to emphasize pull the ball down to 9 O'clock then lead with the pinky after 9 O'clock. It is hard to figure out what causes the problem. Video of the pitcher is best. My dd finally got pass this. Hopefully, that helps. I am no expert just a bucket dad.

I thought staying palm up as long as you can to release is optimal, because that's your load? And it creates a stretch acting like a spring when unloaded to create an good snap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I thought staying palm up as long as you can to release is optimal, because that's your load?

Yes, but some force/exaggerate leading with the elbow/keeping the palm up. Set up the condition for whip, then allow it to occur. Let whip happen--don't make it happen.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Yes, but some force/exaggerate leading with the elbow/keeping the palm up. Set up the condition for whip, then allow it to occur. Let whip happen--don't make it happen.

Ok, I think I understand. This is one thing my dd struggle with getting palm up and keeping loaded. She also muscles it, and doesn't get open enough to get plam up sometimes or open at the wrong time. ...Pitching is hard

Feb 7, 2013
Don't know if you saw the Monday night NPF game between USSSA Pride v Akron Racers but you saw some great brush interference from two of the best professional pitchers out there: Cat Osterman and Sarah Pauly.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Don't know if you saw the Monday night NPF game between USSSA Pride v Akron Racers but you saw some great brush interference from two of the best professional pitchers out there: Cat Osterman and Sarah Pauly.

There never any softball on tv when I'm looking, wish I wouldn't saw it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478