Pitches are drifting away from the batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Sorry to go off topic but why Does she look at the ground for most of this Clip? Shouldnt the Eyes be on the Catcher?

Interesting, cat does the same or similar. Chin down eyes down. Not sure she is looking at the ground here. Keep in mind these girls could throw a perfect pitch with their eyes closed. So would t surprise me if she is really looking down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 9, 2019
Sorry to go off topic but why Does she look at the ground for most of this Clip? Shouldnt the Eyes be on the Catcher?

Ever seen Cat Osterman pitch? She does that everytime.
Doesn't answer your question, but just letting you know that it's common.

May 20, 2016
Chin down keeps pitch down. Something i'm working through with my DD right now. Really don't need to look where you're throwing the ball when your form is correct.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Hard focus on the target isn't necessary. With good form and reps, accuracy becomes very easy. Posture with brush are huge factors for consistency. Glove motion and arm circle can help. Haven't heard anything about chin down for control.

Jul 22, 2015
The funny thing is some of the pitchers who look away will argue with you that they don't until you show them pictures/video. Just proves the the mental picture is more important anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802