pitcher's shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2008
ensenada bc mexico
hi everybody .. im from baja california mexico .. im a pitcher and i want to ask you about the pitcher's shoes ,i found on internet RINGOR softball cleats with 'pro tec toes' ..are these the better shoes ??? ..can you recomend another ones ??? ..
thank you ...
i cant comment much because my english is no good ..

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
My daughter has the Ringor's and she really likes them. She has actually worn the rubber cleat down before wearing the toe of this cleat out.

May 13, 2008
They are more expensive, but they will outlast cheaper cleats. You will save money in the long run.

May 12, 2008
Under Armour makes a shoe that has a rubber toe cap that might be a little cheaper. I think it is the laser model. It comes in metal and plastic cleats. My DD has been using a pair for the last 10 months with no problems. She is a toe drag pitcher and I can't be happier with them.

Sep 11, 2008
caifornia
Mar 18, 2009
La Crosse WI
As an cheaper alternative to Tuff Toe, just try GOOP. It's very effective, and at $3.49 a tube, you can apply as much and as often as necessary. Don't know how durable Tuff Toe is, but I've gotten a couple of years out of a show with GOOP on the toe.
jim

Feb 19, 2009
I tried the GOOP last year and it only seems to work if you re-apply it before every game. Although DD's shoes lasted longer then they usually do I was way to lazy to do it all the time.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd wears the Tanel 360 w/pitching toe. She has been very hard on shoes. However, she will easily get another year out of these and she played roughly 110 games last year in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802