Pitchers parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
Saw this post the other day…

12u B pitcher looking to sub. 8 great pitches. Fastball, curveball, change up, drop ball, back door curve, screw ball, rise curve and drop curve. It took all I had that day not to ask if any of them was a strike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 15, 2021
The only thing I can say about this is that I think we've all been there. My DD had 6 or 7 pitches in 10U, and now that she's in 16U she only has 4 :ROFLMAO:

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I always went the other way. My dd would be warming up and some other parent from another team would saunter over.
That your DD
Yep
How fast can she pitch
I’m not sure
Really. My DD pitches 58
Nice
How many pitches does she have
Only 2, my dd has 5 … what pitches does she have
A fast one and a slow one

They would walk away thinking we are going to kill this team. After the game it would be, how did we lose to this pitcher.

Aug 21, 2008
Whenever I read these type messages, I feel ashamed. I only had 3 pitches, 4 if you include a curve but that was rarely thrown. Rise and low rise are technically the same pitch, but to make myself feel better I'd want them to be counted independently so that would raise my pitch quantity.

I'd better stop at 5 pitches, I think my catchers only have 5 fingers for the signals. I'm not sure if it's a male/female thing but, I've never been lucky enough to pitch for a team where my catcher had more than 5 fingers. I'm sure somewhere in human history that someone was born with 8 fingers on their hand but, then I'd have to hope that person was a catcher.

Jul 14, 2018
I'm not sure if it's a male/female thing but, I've never been lucky enough to pitch for a team where my catcher had more than 5 fingers.

I took it upon myself to create wristbands and call cards for DD’s TB team after tiring of watching HC breakdance on third after every pitch. His pitch calling was slightly less annoying.

He thanked me for the work I did, but handed the call card back and said, “It’s great but my daughter has eight pitches.”

Apr 14, 2022

12u B pitcher looking to sub. 8 great pitches. Fastball, curveball, change up, drop ball, back door curve, screw ball, rise curve and drop curve. It took all I had that day not to ask if any of them was a strike.

How many are strikes and how many move prior to the batter.

Jun 20, 2015
Just wow. to include location changes as different pitches is one thing. @ 12uB level and all those pitches....... Just SMH. and of course one of them is the "Phantom" AKA screwball.

How is it that every time pitches are discussed with real College level or above coaches & instructors... max number of different pitches is very low 3-5. BUT yet all these all-American 10,12 or 14u B level pitchers "throw 8+ Pitches". Things that make you go. HHHHMMMMM. lol

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana

All this talent at the B level. Can't imagine what we could see from the A level in that area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee