Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
Not sure if this worthy of a "shameless brag post" or not, but I thought it was pretty cool. 12 year old DD hit 57 and was consistently at 56 at pitching practice last night. The weird thing is, this jump in her velocity (from around 52 mph) was
brought on by a hover board crash that hurt her hip and forced her to change her pitching mechanics.

Attachments

• Aidan 57.JPG
    Aidan 57.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 72
Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
That's definitely worth a brag! I don't know if I should be glad that Olivia isn't facing anyone down here throwing that hard in 12s (and not very many in 14s, probably), or sad that she has NO idea what kind of softball is being played outside of this area lol.

Jun 8, 2016
That's definitely worth a brag! I don't know if I should be glad that Olivia isn't facing anyone down here throwing that hard in 12s (and not very many in 14s, probably), or sad that she has NO idea what kind of softball is being played outside of this area lol.
The Athletics' pitcher, which Olivia hit a hard ground ball to third against last weekend, sits around 55 and touches 57,58 sometimes. The way you guys swung the bat against her was actually pretty impressive. She has faced the Bandits and some other very good teams and your team swung the bat against her better than any of them. Most of the time she lost games because of control issues, not because teams were squaring up balls against her.

Sorry @jdint didn't mean to derail your thread..very impressive on your kid's part. Keep it up!!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Not sure if this worthy of a "shameless brag post" or not, but I thought it was pretty cool. 12 year old DD hit 57 and was consistently at 56 at pitching practice last night. The weird thing is, this jump in her velocity (from around 52 mph) was
brought on by a hover board crash that hurt her hip and forced her to change her pitching mechanics.
Very nice!!

May 21, 2018
The Athletics' pitcher, which Olivia hit a hard ground ball to third against last weekend, sits around 55 and touches 57,58 sometimes. The way you guys swung the bat against her was actually pretty impressive. She has faced the Bandits and some other very good teams and your team swung the bat against her better than any of them. Most of the time she lost games because of control issues, not because teams were squaring up balls against her.

Sorry @jdint didn't mean to derail your thread..very impressive on your kid's part. Keep it up!!

Ha. Derails always welcome. I think I watched the pitcher you are talking about at "nationals". Tall, blondish hair?

Jun 8, 2016
Ha. Derails always welcome. I think I watched the pitcher you are talking about at "nationals". Tall, blondish hair?
Yes. She throws hard but doesn't "pitch" yet. She has control issues and when she is in the zone she is often right down the pipe. Also while I am not a pitching instructor, she could be throwing much harder if she used her lower half better. She doesn't have nearly enough leg drive imo.

May 21, 2018
Almost there. The super unofficial goal is to hit 60 on the gun while still 12u (season is basically over, but 14u hasn't started yet, so I'm counting it :cool: ). Her coach said she hit 59 numerous times, but I don't know how many that is.

The girl next to her is a high school senior and they were throwing similar speeds, so I assume the gun is accurate.

Screenshot_20210729-072043_Instagram.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802