Pitcher/Scoring Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
This seems like a simple one to me. You get one-third of an inning for each out. If you don't get the outs, you don't get the 1/3.

You don't get credit for a full inning pitched if the other team hits a walk-off homer, right? You get credit only for the number of outs you got before they scored enough runs to end the inning (and game). Hitting a run limit really is no different.

Aug 12, 2014
If you’re trying to comply with rules regarding innings pitched - then the run limit would still be a full inning.

Depends on the league rules. Our pitching limit is 9 outs in a game, not 3 innings. So if there's 1 out when the run limit is reached, it counts as 1 out, not 1 inning.

May 29, 2015
This seems like a simple one to me. You get one-third of an inning for each out. If you don't get the outs, you don't get the 1/3.

You don't get credit for a full inning pitched if the other team hits a walk-off homer, right? You get credit only for the number of outs you got before they scored enough runs to end the inning (and game). Hitting a run limit really is no different.

A walk-off doesn’t end the inning though ... it ends the game.

If the league’s rules define a (half) inning as 3 outs OR X number of runs OR batting through the lineup, then by rule the pitcher pitched an inning.

The only places I can see this mattering is if you are calculating stats or if your league has a pitching limit. If you are worried about the latter, make sure your league provides you with a clear answer.

Jan 27, 2019
Ours takes the opposite approach, 1 pitch =1 inning. You come to the pitcher's plate and throw to one batter that's an inning. But that's a rec league modified rule in our area

Aug 12, 2014
Ours takes the opposite approach, 1 pitch =1 inning. You come to the pitcher's plate and throw to one batter that's an inning. But that's a rec league modified rule in our area

Our baseball league does that. They also don't allow a pitcher to pitch again after they are removed, whereas our softball league allows free substitution of pitchers.

Mar 20, 2019
That's the Babe Ruth rule also. 1 pitch = 1 inning.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802