Pitcher needed in A1 Italian League 2019 Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2018
Pitcher needed in A1 Softball Italian League 2019 Season

We are currently looking for a high caliber pitcher who is interested in playing in the A1 Italian Softball League for the 2019 season. Please email eurofastpitch@hotmail.com for further details. Thank you.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Do you happen to have a website or Facebook page I can plug when spreading the word? Any additional details are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Dec 26, 2018
The organization is called Caserta Softball Academy. It's located in Caserta, Italy, roughly about 30 minutes north of Naples and about 2 hours south of Rome. This past season the team won the A2 Italian League and has moved up to the A1 division. We are looking for one or more pitchers who would be available to pitch during the 2019 season which starts around March and ends in early August, with playoffs in September/October. Pitchers having a European citizenship would be ideal but it's not required. Our facebook link is the following https://www.facebook.com/CasertaSoftball/, but for further details or question please email me at eurofastpitch@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I've posted the info on The Fastpitch Zone Facebook page. This sounds like a wonderful experience for the right athlete.

Aug 21, 2008
It's hard to pull many of the top pitchers for that length of time, and necessary dates. College season ends in May for most, June for the best. Otherwise, I'd recommend to a pitcher on a college staff.

Euro, I'm going to send you a private message too... be checking your "inbox" at the top right corner.

Bill

Dec 26, 2018
Yes, understandable. Ideally we are looking for a pitcher who is out of college and would like to continue playing softball Internationally. Many of the teams in the A1 Italian Softball League have pitchers on their roster who either have played in the States or played Internationally. We are looking to compete at the A1 level by strengthening our pitching staff. Thank you.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It is a great opportunity for a kid out of college. There are worse things than spending a few months in Italy. The Italian food is the best in Europe.

How do you handle getting in shape?

Ex-college pitchers would have quit pitching in June, 2018. They would need a few weeks to get back into shape. Is "spring training" part of the schedule?

Dec 26, 2018
You can find the 2019 A1 Softball schedule at the following link: FIBS-Federazione Italiana Baseball Softball - I calendari di A1 e A2 baseball e A1 e A2 softball

First game is March 30th with training during the month of March followed by regularly scheduled weekly practices. Caserta Softball Academy owns their own private softball field with actual dug-in dugouts, bullpens, an indoor weight room, and indoor pitching/hitting/fielding area on premises. The organization will take care of logistics and housing. Please feel free to email me for any further questions at eurofastpitch@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Dec 26, 2018
Just wanted to re-post and say that we are still looking for a pitcher who would love to play in the Italian Softball League for the 2019 Spring/Summer months. Roster is almost complete, looking for that one pitcher ideally having a European citizenship. Expenses would be covered for the right candidate. Please feel free to email eurofastpitch@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802