Pitcher cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Ringors are like steel toed boots, they will last but the pitching version are really only good for just that. If you are going to run or play other positions in them, good luck. I would recommend finding a pair of cleats that fit her well and are comfortable to run/play in. Then get some of the liquid pitching toe and make your own protective layer on the drag side. I have done this for years and get about a year out of a pair and there are no issues running bases or playing other positions....
How easy is it to apply the toe? She plays other positions and with fall MS sports played in spring (hopefully?) I can see her using cleats for field hockey. She did wear her ringors when they did after school intramural field hockey and she didn't complain.
But I'll also add DD is not a complainer and tends to just tough it out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
How easy is it to apply the toe? She plays other positions and with fall MS sports played in spring (hopefully?) I can see her using cleats for field hockey. She did wear her ringors when they did after school intramural field hockey and she didn't complain.

A parent of our other pitcher applied it to her drag foot cleat and said it was pretty straight forward. The Play It Again Sports here has a similar (or same) “Tuff Toe” and apply it for $20. DD’s PC had it done and showed me his. They did a really good job. He swears by it.

My two cents is to get a cleat that fits good and is what your DD wants to wear. Then just add the toe protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2019

So in my opinion do not buy the pre made one that attaches, look for the liquid form. In comes in a two part syringe and you squeeze it out unto the shoe and then it hardens. Its a pretty easy process, and this way you are able to take a light pair of shoes that may be more comfortable and make them last longer. I am not knocking Ringor, but everyone's feet are different, its like running shoes some people swear by different brands because it fits their arch, width etc. the best....

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
My sister and I used to wear Under Armour cleats and we both switched over to Ringors about three or four seasons ago and we never looked back. We like different kinds of cleats though. I like metal cleats whereas she likes molded cleats. We both wear them with the pitcher's toe and even though I don't pitch (catcher and third), I don't notice the difference between having the pitcher's toe versus not having the toe. Also, I'm currently saving up to get the new lightweight version of Ringor cleats. I have a teammate that wears them and she says they're great.

May 4, 2020
My sister and I used to wear Under Armour cleats and we both switched over to Ringors about three or four seasons ago and we never looked back. We like different kinds of cleats though. I like metal cleats whereas she likes molded cleats. We both wear them with the pitcher's toe and even though I don't pitch (catcher and third), I don't notice the difference between having the pitcher's toe versus not having the toe. Also, I'm currently saving up to get the new lightweight version of Ringor cleats. I have a teammate that wears them and she says they're great.
NB are great cleats both Men’s & Women’s. UA Deception men’s cleats are very good as well. One DD has Ringors and I don’t think they are anything special. They look fine but heavy/clunky IMO.

Mar 28, 2014
NB are great cleats both Men’s & Women’s. UA Deception men’s cleats are very good as well. One DD has Ringors and I don’t think they are anything special. They look fine but heavy/clunky IMO.
Man she just said she likes them and here are you saying they're heavy/clunky. Have some couth.

May 4, 2020
Man she just said she likes them and here are you saying they're heavy/clunky. Have some couth.
Hey TH- I’m going to share my experience and I don’t give a rat’s rear what you think.
Your the most uncouth SOB on this site so do yourself a favor and STFU where I’m concerned.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate

I have some NB shoes. I love my sneakers from them. They hold up well and are very comfortable. And I'm pretty hard on shoes. I usually wear them when I don't want to wear my Doc Martens. I also used to wear UA turf shoes for playing field hockey in before I discovered that I liked Grays shoes better for playing field hockey in. As far as the Ringors, they're just my prefered brand of cleats for playing softball in. Unfortunately, I have never seen New Balance softball cleats in all my travels. I can see where the Ringors could be seen as heavier and I think they are a little heavier than most other cleats. But the few extra ounces don't really bother me since with catching, I really work my legs with all of the up and down we do.

Thank you for this. I just don't let it bother me, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12