Pitcher cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Ringor. Get on their mailing list and you’ll get offers for returned shoes for $35 instead of $100. We stocked up.

my daughter is slow. SoI measured her cleats and they were lighter than some others we had laying around.

Mar 28, 2014
New Balance are great for wide feet or bunions or if your DD likes comfort. Most of our pitchers moved to NB. I just add some tuff toe on the drag side and they last over a year.
Between the cost of the cleat and tuff toe its still about 20% less than Ringors. Ringers are good but heavy and narrow. Most Girls stick with them as they always used them, but when they try NB they fall in love lol.
my DD went from New Balance to Ringor and has never looked back. I'm happy because I got tired of replacing NB's all the time. The toes on them do not last regardless of what some folks say.

May 5, 2019
Ringors are like steel toed boots, they will last but the pitching version are really only good for just that. If you are going to run or play other positions in them, good luck. I would recommend finding a pair of cleats that fit her well and are comfortable to run/play in. Then get some of the liquid pitching toe and make your own protective layer on the drag side. I have done this for years and get about a year out of a pair and there are no issues running bases or playing other positions....

Mar 6, 2018
Ringors are like steel toed boots, they will last but the pitching version are really only good for just that. If you are going to run or play other positions in them, good luck. I would recommend finding a pair of cleats that fit her well and are comfortable to run/play in. Then get some of the liquid pitching toe and make your own protective layer on the drag side. I have done this for years and get about a year out of a pair and there are no issues running bases or playing other positions....
my daughter pitches in the ringor turf pitching shoes and she loves them. running in them is much easier for her than any cleat. i'm not sure how they stack up against other turf shoes.

Oct 14, 2019
just bought $100 nb metal cleats at eastbay for 24.99. at that price wear doesn’t really mattter much.

Mar 28, 2014
my daughter pitches in the ringor turf pitching shoes and she loves them. running in them is much easier for her than any cleat. i'm not sure how they stack up against other turf shoes.
It's probably the additional support they provide. My DD is all about side-to-side support. Ringor has leather uppers which provide much better support than shoes with cloth or synthetic uppers do. It works for her. Others' mileage may vary. Never forget, they are girls, which means they reserve their right to change their minds.

Often!

Nov 8, 2018

They have ultralight version now. Really nice. Really light. Dd loves them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
my DD went from New Balance to Ringor and has never looked back. I'm happy because I got tired of replacing NB's all the time. The toes on them do not last regardless of what some folks say.

Ringers are rigged and hold up great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom