Pitcher cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2020
I did look at the FLites and I do like them. Your right, they are a tad pricey. But...here's how I look at it. I bought some Mizuno cleats because most of my teammates wore them and I'm a team player. I ended up going through 3 pairs of them at $50-$60 a pair. $150-$180 later, I had three sets of heel blisters I had to heal and I had to get another pair before the season begins. I'm currently using my backup Ringors. I would rather spend $120 on a pair of Ringors and heal one set of blisters rather than have to have them every time I buy a new pair of cleats. I've never looked on Amazon for them but we have a store near me that carries them and I just go there.
I agree Mizuno cleats are garbage. Ours lasted half a season. Still have a new pair from a couple of years back DD refuses to wear.
Anyone on DFP have a need for SZ 8/8.5 Mizuno pink/black molded cleats? Free just pay shipping.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
In the grand scheme $100 - $120 as an investment for your feet isn’t huge. Especially if the player can get multiple seasons out of them. I understand budgets differ person to person. But everything starts with the feet. If they aren’t supported and comfortable then that hinders everything else over time. It’s amazing how much quicker feet fatigue in cleats/shoes/boots/skates/etc that don’t fit well.

For DD we’re lucky that she can fit into and likes cleats we can usually find a prior years model of in her size for cheaper. But, due to her arches, I have to invest in aftermarket insoles that cost me $50-$60. So I still end up in the $100 - $120 area every year.

Besides....people often spend $250+ on a bat and sometimes don’t expect it to make it more than a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so true. $100-$120 may seem like a huge initial investment but I look at it as an investment in my feet. I hate going through multiple pairs of cleats in a given softball season or even a school year. I own several pairs of shoes. From skate shoes to pumps to boots (ankle to platform). The most I ever spent on a pair was $180 on a pair of Doc Martens which have lasted me four years and are still going strong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802