Pitcher cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Just wanted to get some feedback which molded cleats, spikes and turf shoes the pitchers like? My 12u DD has a pair of molded ringors and they've served her well, but I've heard they tend to be heavy. For turf shoes she wears new balance and the toe seems to be holding up well.

Not needing spikes yet, but wanted to include that as well for future...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
My 12U DD uses Ringors as well. She is hard on shoes and I just ordered replacements last night after over 1 1/2 years on these. They have some on closeout right now, but the available sizes in each color are limited. Had to with black instead of navy, but the price was worth it. Never had any other brand hold up more than 6 months. DD loves them and she says they aren't heavy.

Mar 28, 2014
Just wanted to get some feedback which molded cleats, spikes and turf shoes the pitchers like? My 12u DD has a pair of molded ringors and they've served her well, but I've heard they tend to be heavy. For turf shoes she wears new balance and the toe seems to be holding up well.

Not needing spikes yet, but wanted to include that as well for future...

Ringor makes a model that is lighter than the regular model but my DD has never complained about the weight of her regular Ringors. I wouldn't sweat it. New Balance toes won't hold up to pitchers if she is pitching correctly.

Jul 31, 2015
Ringors are a bit heavy but sturdy. DD can usually get a full calendar year out of each pair.
Ringor recently began selling a Flight version that's lighter and more like the popular New Balance cleats. DD likes these a bit better. This year she has used the Ringor Flight spikes and NB turfs, both with pitching toe.

In our experience, Ringor spikes and molded held up about the same. Most wear is in the toe, not on the bottom.

Pro tip - if you can afford it buy two pairs of pitching cleats (one for practice, one for games) in different colors so you don't wind up bringing two left shoes to your next tourney. ;) Will reduce the wear and tear vs using only one pair at all times.

Finally FWIW - the NB pitching toe spikes are very popular right now. Might want to check that DD is actually unhappy with the Ringor shoe and not just trying to keep up with the cool kids :p

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018
Ringors are a bit heavy but sturdy. DD can usually get a full calendar year out of each pair.
Ringor recently began selling a Flight version that's lighter and more like the popular New Balance cleats. DD likes these a bit better. This year she has used the Ringor Flight spikes and NB turfs, both with pitching toe.

In our experience, Ringor spikes and molded held up about the same. Most wear is in the toe, not on the bottom.

Pro tip - if you can afford it buy two pairs of pitching cleats (one for practice, one for games) in different colors so you don't wind up bringing two left shoes to your next tourney. ;) Will reduce the wear and tear vs using only one pair at all times.

Finally FWIW - the NB pitching toe spikes are very popular right now. Might want to check that DD is actually unhappy with the Ringor shoe and not just trying to keep up with the cool kids :p
Thanks for the advice. DD likes her ringor cleats. She actually wore through the insole and ringor was nice enough to send a new insole as they were a bit over 6 months old. I may still be at the foot growing stage so 2 pairs may not be feasible but good tip for future. I'll keep an eye out and maybe pick up the flight as her next cleat when needed.

May 4, 2020
Ringor makes a model that is lighter than the regular model but my DD has never complained about the weight of her regular Ringors. I wouldn't sweat it. New Balance toes won't hold up to pitchers if she is pitching correctly.
NB hold-up just fine.

Apr 28, 2014
New Balance are great for wide feet or bunions or if your DD likes comfort. Most of our pitchers moved to NB. I just add some tuff toe on the drag side and they last over a year.
Between the cost of the cleat and tuff toe its still about 20% less than Ringors. Ringers are good but heavy and narrow. Most Girls stick with them as they always used them, but when they try NB they fall in love lol.

Jan 28, 2017
DD loves her Ringer turf shoes but they cut her second toe. Her TB team has to wear Mizuno and they are terrible. Never last more than a month. NB has been the best so far for her.

Mar 6, 2018
DD uses ringers. Went through 2 pair of cleats and got ringor turfs last year. Had a warranty pair sent to us after two months and the drag toe area came apart. Didn't wear but just came off one night pitching indoors. She practices in those. New pair holding up great.

I have a pair of good condition molded red cleats she just hit a growth spurt and out grew quickly. If anyone is interested. Would have to check the size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom