Pitch Tracker from Diamond Kinetics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2014
We've had the issue once or twice with it losing connection and missing a pitch. Power off ball then back on and worked great for rest of session. As for speed, I've used my pocket radar to check and out of 100 pitches over the past month or so, I've only had 2 pitches that were more than a few tenths different while I was comparing. There have been a couple that seemed off but I didn't have the radar on for those particular pitches. That being said, I heard there was a recent update to the software (not sure if app or ball) that could make the speed issue your talking about. Ours is literally a month old so it didn't need the update or whatever.
Yes we got it at Christmas so it doesn’t need updated. It gets about 7 out of 10 pitches correct.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
We are not having the issues that others are seeing. We set up the iPhone off to the side of the pitcher so that we can get video at the same time as the pitch. We have the volume up to hear whatever metric we want and as i am throwing back to pitcher it is relaying the speed or spin or whatever. Only around once in 30 or so pitches do we ever have a problem. And that seems to be if she rushes between pitches. Even with the ball bouncing off walls we get a reading, i throw back and we are good. Maybe it is just a fluke.

My DD also does not like the fact the older ball is heavier. I think i will purchase another new ball if someone can truly confirm it is lighter, or closer to normal weight. I cannot recall but think our ball is around .3-.5 oz over. In throwing terms it is significant and my DD can tell and doesn't like it.

Edit: Just weighed ball, 7.1 oz, their website states it is 7 oz. and when i look up normal weight i see 6.25 to 7. So not sure but the std ball we use is a MacGregor Leather Cover PolyCore X100 - 375 lbs .47 cor. weighing in at 6.5 oz. That is a 9.2% increase in weight!

Unless DK has a ball that weighs around 6.5 - 6.6 then i dont think it is worth to update to a 7 oz.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom