Pitch count for a day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2018
I believe pitch count very athlete dependent. Despite baseball having a pitch count and softball not, pitch count is also very pitcher dependent in baseball as well. Ever notice how some MLB pitchers are starters who can throw 95-98 mph for 100+ pitches and others can only throw 20-30 pitches? Overhand pitching and underhand pitching are VERY different and stress the joint, muscles and tendons differently and can't really be compared.

One of the pitchers on my team (16u) I know can throw around 80-100 pitches before she gets tired and I know she needs rest and is done for the day. My daughter is the opposite, she's a workhorse who can throw 100+ pitches in a day without any issues, wake up the next day and is ready to rock and roll.

Being a former pitcher myself, I've dealt with shoulder and elbow issues before so I am constantly monitoring all my pitchers shoulders, elbow, backs, hips, etc for ANY sign of fatigue or pain and shut them down immediately. I've gotten into some arguments/disagreements with parents when I've shut girls down early for safety though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee