Pinch Runner for a substitution???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
Like JD said above. You may only CR for the P or C of record (that is, the last player to have physically pitched or caught, with the 1st inning exception for the visiting team). So if you PH for the pitcher, that substitute may NOT be CRed for but MAY be PRed for (burning a sub in the process). In addition, just in case you are one of those sneaky coaches who try to find loopholes in the rules, we have you covered. If you tried to re-enter your P once that stud hitter got on base to try to then turn around and CR for HER, you are out of luck; a P or C must be on base only due to the actions during her own AB if you are going to CR for her.
Thanks to both of you. I learned something today.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Like JD said above. You may only CR for the P or C of record (that is, the last player to have physically pitched or caught, with the 1st inning exception for the visiting team). So if you PH for the pitcher, that substitute may NOT be CRed for but MAY be PRed for (burning a sub in the process). In addition, just in case you are one of those sneaky coaches who try to find loopholes in the rules, we have you covered. If you tried to re-enter your P once that stud hitter got on base to try to then turn around and CR for HER, you are out of luck; a P or C must be on base only due to the actions during her own AB if you are going to CR for her.

Like canyonjoe, I learned something, too. Never thought of that pitcher re-enter/CR idea before.

May 29, 2015
Late to the party … pinch runners are just substitutes plain and simple … UNLESS (always a big but!) … Little League has a special pinch runner under certain circumstances. I don’t call LL so I don’t know the details though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28