Piggyback question - How do you determine if your DD is in the top 9??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
On most teams there are at least a few girls who are clearly top 9 without having to really look at anything, IME. Beyond that I think it's a combo of factors

This is the reality for most teams. As they get older they will have more defined positions (corner IF, OF, P, C) so this will become less of an issue.

If you were promised one thing when you joined the team and now the coach is doing something else it's time to move on.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
When my DD was on B/C level teams, it was always very easy to determine the top 9. I wouldn't want to be the one making the Sunday decisions on my DD's current team. The entire roster of 13 has talent. I'm not sure what exact stats our HC looks at, but I know he looks at Gamechanger after pool play games and uses that information to determine lineup for bracket play. He is very fair and he starts over with each tournament. Stats can be so misinterpreted. My DD barely has a batting average. She converted to slap hitting and reaches on error many times. She would never be in the lineup on Sunday if looking at averages. Coaches need to look at the whole picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802