Picked up a 2019 Mizuno Titanium

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Their customer service was great. They gave me 2 replacements, the second one I didn't even need to send the cracked one back. After the second replacement cracked I just gave up...I was contemplating going to a drop 10 for that same model instead as the bat had good pretty good pop but just ended up getting her a drop 10 Mizuno Carbon 1..
How does she like the Mizuno compared to the Marucci? Other than the breaking of course.

Jun 8, 2016
How does she like the Mizuno compared to the Marucci? Other than the breaking of course.
It is a 1-piece so it is less forgiving but I am fine with that. I want my 9YO to know when she doesn't barrel up a ball ;) . When she hits it off the SS it is similar. Sound takes some getting used to as it is"quieter" than most composites. It is easier for me to tell when doesn't barrel up a ball as the sound is completely different..again as somebody working with a 9 YO who tells me everything she hits is off the barrel, I kind of like that :)

At the moment I refuse to spend more than $200 for a bat for a 9YO so it has been a good bat for that price range.

Apr 28, 2019
It is a 1-piece so it is less forgiving but I am fine with that. I want my 9YO to know when she doesn't barrel up a ball ;) . When she hits it off the SS it is similar. Sound takes some getting used to as it is"quieter" than most composites.
If you want her hands to really ring get her a 18 Supernova. It’s like a cartoon where the bat stays still and the person vibrates.

Apr 28, 2019
Def more than a month on drop11s
Well their claiming the drop 10’s are going to be balanced this time around so maybe better off going drop 10. No issues with drop 10 ASA other than being a little inconsistent.
Kind of torn between Ghost & RXT for one daughter. The other is definitely getting drop 11 LXT 2019.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The -10 Blues were actually advertised as balanced as well, but still were a little heavy. I suspect the 2020 to be about
same. They are more balanced than years ago, but I don't consider them balanced like CFs are.

Apr 28, 2019
Well their claiming the drop 10’s are going to be balanced this time around so maybe better off going drop 10. No issues with drop 10 ASA other than being a little inconsistent.
Kind of torn between Ghost & RXT for one daughter. The other is definitely getting drop 11 LXT 2019.
Yeah I guess there is no “gold standard” when it comes to bat weights. You have supposedly balanced bats that are .5-1oz over weight and in some cases actually slightly endloaded. Then you have bats that are “extremely balanced” and come in at the exact weight marked or slightly below.
Do you have much feedback on the 18/19 Velo’s? I bought one last year but we really haven’t used it yet. It is supposed to be one of the lightest swinging bats out there due in part to end cap design. I’m just not a fan of that “plug in” connection joint. It looks like one engineer designed the handle and another designed the barrel with no consideration for how to combine them together. Also seems to be more negative feedback with this design.
I see however that Demarini is bringing back this design in a line of their bats for 2020.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Weights are all over for the most part...that's why I try to weigh my stock to give people a "range" so they
know what to expect. Figure its a little helping hand since most don't have an avenue to feel the bats
and not many stores give two sh!ts about the weights.

As far as the Velo...I literally prob had less than 5 people ask about them over the time. I would think the value
would be more for the smaller girls, as I doubt many older girls are looking for a super light feeling bat that prob
doesn't drive thru the ball like other bats. The connection is almost old school...like they used to be before all the
rubber/fancy connector names they use now. In slowpitch, they still have that type connection on a lot of bats
but feedback isn't really cared about there, I actually like it as its stiffer. The Carbon2 had that style as well, now its out of the Mizuno lineup...haha. Most bats are trying, constantly to add as much stuff to a connection to limit feedback as nobody
wants any anymore.

Apr 28, 2019
Weights are all over for the most part...that's why I try to weigh my stock to give people a "range" so they
know what to expect. Figure its a little helping hand since most don't have an avenue to feel the bats
and not many stores give two sh!ts about the weights.

As far as the Velo...I literally prob had less than 5 people ask about them over the time. I would think the value
would be more for the smaller girls, as I doubt many older girls are looking for a super light feeling bat that prob
doesn't drive thru the ball like other bats. The connection is almost old school...like they used to be before all the
rubber/fancy connector names they use now. In slowpitch, they still have that type connection on a lot of bats
but feedback isn't really cared about there, I actually like it as its stiffer. The Carbon2 had that style as well, now its out of the Mizuno lineup...haha. Most bats are trying, constantly to add as much stuff to a connection to limit feedback as nobody
wants any anymore.
Ok good to know. The little we’ve used the Velo it’s been ok. Much less feedback than Supernova.
I figured with the solid end cap and low MOI it may be a good choice against faster pitchers. I think I paid $80 bucks on auction so not a big deal. Somebody will use it.
So if I could get a price on a couple of bats that would be great.
1) Ghost 32” 22
2) Quatro Pro 32” 21
Text 860 634 8660. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802