Phone booth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
What is your guys thoughts about "hitting in a phone" as goal of teaching a player that the stride is to not take you to the ball to swing, but to get you into position to swing from, if that makes sense? Have the feeling of letting the ball come to you, I guess.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Learn how use the glutes. Then it won’t matter about a phone booth etc. the glutes provide stability and balance to the moving body. It’s what makes the body be dynamic.

1631135640171.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Learn how use the glutes. Then it won’t matter about a phone booth etc. the glutes provide stability and balance to the moving body. It’s what makes the body be dynamic.

View attachment 23810
Michael cheated and pattened special shoes and stage hooks. 🤣🤣

I get what your saying though. How would you present it to a young player 11yrs old.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Michael cheated and pattened special shoes and stage hooks. 🤣🤣

I get what your saying though. How would you present it to a young player 11yrs old.

😆 couldn’t help myself. Dorsiflex the ankles in stance. Take your stance, flat footed. lean forward a bit while keeping heels on the ground. Flex the knees a bit while maintaining the forward bend of the torso. Your Achilles, hammies and glutes should feel loaded. Or you can simply try to match shin angle and spine angle in stance. Like Griff or Hank Or Barry. Alo talks of having a the back knee down more at set up. Important part is too feel the tension in the legs.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
😆 couldn’t help myself. Dorsiflex the ankles in stance. Take your stance, flat footed. lean forward a bit while keeping heels on the ground. Flex the knees a bit while maintaining the forward bend of the torso. Your Achilles, hammies and glutes should feel loaded. Or you can simply try to match shin angle and spine angle in stance. Like Griff or Hank Or Barry. Alo talks of having a the back knee down more at set up. Important part is too feel the tension in the legs.

WW, lean forward in the s-plane correct?

Jun 8, 2016
Having your setup preset it like Hank is probably the simplest for younger kids. Somebody like Turner (who Latta worked with ) starts with his spine angle more vertical (I’ve seen Latta refer to this as a good balanced position to setup in) and then moves into the position you refer to.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Having your setup preset it like Hank is probably the simplest for younger kids. Somebody like Turner (who Latta worked with ) starts with his spine angle more vertical (I’ve seen Latta refer to this as a good balanced position to setup in) and then moves into the position you refer to.

Yeah Hank is the man. Latta also speaks of proper shoulder alignment at set up, tucking the pelvis, but that’s a different topic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse