PGF Tournament Plans

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2017
I don't think it will just go away. I think staying away from areas will help but it is a fine line because you have to let people have lives also. I live in a rural area and if we travel for a two day tournament or week long tournament we must spend the night. I don't think we have played in a one day in over two years. Which means we are staying in a hotel and I just do not trust it to be safe at the moment.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
World Food Program Executive Director David Beasley said " there is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself.”

Feb 14, 2020
Since you want to be snarky.
Your post again contradicts itself.
Post a link that says virus will go away.

Its called a resonse to your reasonings
[/QUOTE
You know a little something about snarky RB. You get what you give.
Let me talk down a little to your level because you seem to be a little slow on the uptake.
The virus will dissipate (go way temporarily) with social distancing and warmer weather. The virus will most likely return towards the end of 2020 with the return of cold weather and people congregating indoors.
No contradiction here RB just science, precaution, and best guesses to deal with something that really hasn’t been dealt with since the dark ages. (Plague)

Feb 14, 2020
What makes you think the virus will go away because of social distancing? What evidence is there that shows that social distancing will get rid of the virus? Social distancing may slow the virus down but social distancing is not getting rid of the virus.
Dissipate to the level where life can resume as we are accustomed to. This virus may be with us for a long time to come but hopefully a vaccine will ease the sickness and keep things under control.
Many medical situations are manageable with knowledge, meds, and a good plan “B”.
I am an advocate for caution and slowly getting back to normal as the science and numbers dictate.

Mar 10, 2020
Dissipate to the level where life can resume as we are accustomed to. This virus may be with us for a long time to come but hopefully a vaccine will ease the sickness and keep things under control.
Many medical situations are manageable with knowledge, meds, and a good plan “B”.
I am an advocate for caution and slowly getting back to normal as the science and numbers dictate.
Since you call yourself an advocate and were making a statement that isnt true. It was neccessary to point out your statement the virus will go away is incorrect. While that would be a breakthrough it is unforeseeable at this time.

Feb 14, 2020
Since you call yourself an advocate and were making a statement that isnt true. It was neccessary to point out your statement the virus will go away is incorrect. While that would be a breakthrough it is unforeseeable at this time.
It will go away temporarilly. It will most likely return at some point. Factual info.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We booked our flights the day after PGF sent this out. Round trip for a family of four from Birmingham, Al to LAX for $565. Definitely glad I held off and I can cancel and use them for another trip.

My concern is less about nationals in late July than about qualifiers over the next month and a half. If the qualifiers are cancelled are they just going to hand out spots?

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
We booked our flights the day after PGF sent this out. Round trip for a family of four from Birmingham, Al to LAX for $565. Definitely glad I held off and I can cancel and use them for another trip.

My concern is less about nationals in late July than about qualifiers over the next month and a half. If the qualifiers are cancelled are they just going to hand out spots?

Hand out spots is what I have heard.

Aug 25, 2019
One can of lysol and a few lysol wipes can make any hotel room safe. Plus the larger hotel chains will be instituting extreme practices to make sure their guests are safe.

I thought the same thing. I’d wipe my room clean and tell the staff not to come in my room until I check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812