Personal pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Who has used the Personal pitcher?

It looks like a good machine for the price. It’s even self feeding so I can work on ideas and learn by myself. Don’t need anyone to hit a pitched ball.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I have several bats that work with a golf ball. I want the bat at the Personal pitcher site, adjustable weight. That way I can multi task when doing over and under loading and hitting a small ball with a small bat. Their bat weighs about 21 ounces, which is close to most kids and adjusts 9 ounces to a 30 ounce bat. It can be adjusted between 20 and 30 ounces. I have 2 bats for golf balls that weigh around 12 and 16 ounces, so I already have underload bats. One is the Speed bat with a cushion sweet spot, the other bat is just smaller is diameter barrel (which I like as well, a different challenge). The Speed bat works well with special foam balls that weigh differently. The foam balls might work with the pitching machine.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I used to have one.
My basement was netted off and it was my humble beginnings to becoming a private coach.
I loved it. So much that I wish I still had it, and I'm considering buying another one

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I have one and it is a good tool. We have a 3 car garage which helps with the distance a bit. If you have the room, no wind, it is a good tool in the box for sure. Many reps quickly, eye hand coord, etc etc.

S3

Dec 11, 2010
With no wind it works well. Doesn’t take much wind to wild things up.

Most netting won’t stop wiffle golf balls.

Light projectiles fired at high velocity lose velocity at a higher rate the faster they are fired.

I thought it was kind of hard to get “just right”.

I would like to travel back in time with one of these and a Trey Hannam Half Bat. That may have been the way to make it really worth messing with.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
With no wind it works well. Doesn’t take much wind to wild things up.

Most netting won’t stop wiffle golf balls.

Light projectiles fired at high velocity lose velocity at a higher rate the faster they are fired.

I thought it was kind of hard to get “just right”.

I would like to travel back in time with one of these and a Trey Hannam Half Bat. That may have been the way to make it really worth messing with.

West wind

Because they lose velocity faster, is it hard to time? Does it mess with the swing consistency?

Edit: Fix spell checker

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
My kids were young and I was in the beginning stages of trying to figure this stuff out but it didn’t -at that time- seem to translate.

When I hit it, and I thought it was fun, it seemed like the ball moved fast but was slow by the time I hit it.

And most of our hitting was inside and the cage didn’t keep them in.

I probably should have stayed out of this thread!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
My kids were young and I was in the beginning stages of trying to figure this stuff out but it didn’t -at that time- seem to translate.

When I hit it, and I thought it was fun, it seemed like the ball moved fast but was slow by the time I hit it.

And most of our hitting was inside and the cage didn’t keep them in.

I probably should have stayed out of this thread!

Yes I have the same problem with just hitting foam golf balls. Netting doesn’t stop the balls.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478