Permission

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
When your DD high school team requires an overnight stay at a hotel does the school require the parents to 'sign off' on the stay (either at the beginning of the season or for each event)?

Had an interesting scenario with DD this evening and wanted to hear what other schools do.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 team has one overnight trip each season. I don't remember having to sign anything. They do have a strict set of rules to follow when traveling.

May 27, 2013
Dd’s school does require permission slips and medical forms to be completed. How would they handle medication administration for kids who require meds? For example my dd needs to bring her epi-pen. School nurse has to sign off on it as well as dd’s doc. Also, wouldn’t airports potentially require documentation as well for the players under a certain age?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Dd’s school does require permission slips and medical forms to be completed. How would they handle medication administration for kids who require meds? For example my dd needs to bring her epi-pen. School nurse has to sign off on it as well as dd’s doc. Also, wouldn’t airports potentially require documentation as well for the players under a certain age?
Each coach in our school has to have and carry with them to all athletic events medical forms for each team member. We have a standard athletic package that each athlete must complete and turn in. It includes the medical forms, proof of insurance, Code of Conduct, ...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD's high school team never traveled as a team. However, she participated in a senior class trip that required a hotel stay. A permission slip was required prior to that event.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We complete a travel form at the beginning of the year. Our team rides the bus to all weekday games so the form covers school travel for the entire season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802