Perception

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
I went for a walk this morning in a local park where the public high school softball field backs to up to the green space. I was surprised to see five barely used softballs beyond the outfield fence. At a time when public schools are quick to cut sports budgets and just assess fees and parents are squeezed to make up the difference it didn't strike me as a good look for the softball team - rant over.

Jun 8, 2016
I went for a walk this morning in a local park where the public high school softball field backs to up to the green space. I was surprised to see five barely used softballs beyond the outfield fence. At a time when public schools are quick to cut sports budgets and just assess fees and parents are squeezed to make up the difference it didn't strike me as a good look for the softball team - rant over.
I hope you pocketed them.. :p

Aug 6, 2013
I sure as heck would have kept them, lol. Ok - maybe I would have thrown them over onto the field. Maybe.

My question is - does the high school lock their field where nobody else can go practice? Reason I ask is because my DD and I go practice at the local high school fields all the time. Her high school does lock their Varsity field but the JV field right next to it stays open for people to use when it is not being utilized by the HS or the local LL (which it will be starting now). I mean I understand the perception but maybe it wasn't the school's team who left the balls? Maybe it was individuals (although with the cost of balls I sure wouldn't do that). But maybe?

Jul 19, 2021
High school coaches put the players in charge of picking up balls after practice. Anyone shocked that teenage girls either forgot to do it or were too lazy to do it correctly?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28