Paint crack or real crack

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 25, 2016
Would welcome everyone's opinion on whether this is just paint or really cracked
This very hot bat suddenly went dead. Cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol and found this small line.
You can really feel it with your fingernail.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_185058.jpg
    IMG_20200531_185058.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 133
Dec 11, 2010
It has the appearance of a shark tooth crack due to the angle of it.

One thing that is strange- usually they are really good with a shark tooth, not dead.

Sep 25, 2016
It has the appearance of a shark tooth crack due to the angle of it.

One thing that is strange- usually they are really good with a shark tooth, not dead.

It is funny how quickly the sound changed and the performance just dropped.
There is a chip just outside of the picture about 2" from the crack that also just appeared. I read somewhere that someone else had what looked like a small chip, but was a broken inner wall. Maybe something similar has happened here.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Its paint cracks...not sharktooth. I have many white bats that have those lines. I have one sitting in my hallway
right now that has them :)

Btw, there is composite between the inner barrel and paint. The composite would have to break as well for the barrel to come thru...haha. The inner barrel very seldom breaks...its 99.9% composite that
cracks. Something may come loose or whatever, but inner barrel breaking is very rare.
A chip like that can appear for any reason, cleat, rock, pavement, dugout...haha...whatever. That's all it looks like is something
gouged it a bit.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020
Would welcome everyone's opinion on whether this is just paint or really cracked
This very hot bat suddenly went dead. Cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol and found this small line.
You can really feel it with your fingernail.
Really cracked. These bats are junk. My daughter's just went dead and there are not 1, not 2, but 3 cracks in a 6-week old bat that has been used only with regulation leather cover fastpitch softballs in 70+ degree weather. Never got to use it in a game. Manufactured abroad garbage, Easton should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such a subpar product at this price. Disgraceful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K