Overthrow Question: What's your call.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I will give the answer as to what was called, which I believe is the correct call, but I would like to see what answers I get. Playing PGF rules in a tournament. Runner on first. Batter bunts up first base line. Catcher gets the ball and proceeds to overthrow first. R1 gets a late jump and is no more than three steps off of first when the overthrow goes out of the field of play since the field is not entirely enclosed in fence. Where should R1 end up, on second or third?

Mar 26, 2013
It's 2 bases from the time the ball left F2's hand, so R1 gets 3B and B-R gets 2B. It really didn't matter that R1 got a late jump or when the ball went out of play.

BTW, not that it matters, PGF uses NFHS rules.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Two outs. Play was at 1. Gotta admit, the other Coach had big brass ones but it worked out for him with the exception that we k'd the next batter.

Oops, I assumed that there were less than 2 outs and we all know what happens when you assume:mad:

Glad it ended in your favor after all was said and done! But....why did R1 have such a poor jump? I thought PGF was high level ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28