Overhand throwing mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
Does anyone have good slow motion video or pictures of overhand throwing? My DD is getting different advise from different coaches and I don't want to do a random Google search as I know there is misinformation out there.

I looked through both the throwing and model fielding stickys but they're from 2011 and most of the pictures and links are no longer valid.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Does anyone have good slow motion video or pictures of overhand throwing? My DD is getting different advise from different coaches and I don't want to do a random Google search as I know there is misinformation out there.

I looked through both the throwing and model fielding stickys but they're from 2011 and most of the pictures and links are no longer valid.
Look up Wasserman high level throwing. Fair amount of video on internet/YouTube

Apr 30, 2018
High Level Throwing by Austin Wasserman is the modern bible of proper throwing mechanics. Any coach trying to teach the "L" drill or wrist flicks is wrong. His book is expensive, but he has some good free stuff. Checking out this link as well as the many free videos on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Nov 15, 2019
Thank you. I have been to the High Level Throwing site before, I was hoping he had a section like "new to throwing" or "review of the basics" so I could see a demonstration/explanation of all the components together but I couldn't find anything like that there.

Are there different mechanics for baseball and softball throwing or are they the same?

Jan 8, 2019
Water bottle drill from Wasserman is free. If you do the drill (which is a little weird at first) your throwing motion will improve very quickly. And if Wasserman is the authority, how come TB coaches teach differently? He never comes to the west coast so the L drill is still dominate out here.
Trying to see if we can convince him to come out this way. He was in NorCal in Dec, but could not make it up that far that weekend.

I can't imagine it would be hard to get enough people in LA or SD areas to fill up his classes (Needs 40 ish). Part of it is that no one in CA is willing to admit that they have anything to learn about throwing (or just about anything for that matter).

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Trying to see if we can convince him to come out this way. He was in NorCal in Dec, but could not make it up that far that weekend.

I can't imagine it would be hard to get enough people in LA or SD areas to fill up his classes (Needs 40 ish). Part of it is that no one in CA is willing to admit that they have anything to learn about throwing (or just about anything for that matter).
I’m in for a Waaserman clinic!!

Dec 12, 2013
B.C. Canada

He is in Vancouver BC right now. We have brought him in 3 times this off season. L throw... gone! Great clinician. Healthy arms here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802