Overhand throw speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 28, 2020
That's wonderful! My late blooming 14 year old who weighs 112 pounds at 5 foot 4 just started the Wasserman remote training program online two days ago. Her top overhand throwing speed is 55 MPH. We'll see how it goes.

Jun 16, 2010
My daughter was 65-66mph at 15. Last time i measured. With a $$$$ juggs gun.

She has best arm on girl I ever saw.

College coaches ...and umpires...were very impressed with arm.....she played 3B, only 1 girl on her college team could catch her at 1B. Her putouts at 1B were like rifle shots. Always got oohs and ahhs from opposing parents the first time in a game.

But....theres a lot more to a player. Fielding % , and proper mechanics is way more important, as is hitting. The truth is, throwing speed isnt that important at all, as long as its average or better. Its nothing worth measuring, or focusing on....you can simply see it. Everyone can.

95% fielding %.....thats what important.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
My daughter was 65-66mph at 15. Last time i measured. With a $$$$ juggs gun.

She has best arm on girl I ever saw.

College coaches ...and umpires...were very impressed with arm.....she played 3B, only 1 girl on her college team could catch her at 1B. Her putouts at 1B were like rifle shots. Always got oohs and ahhs from opposing parents the first time in a game.

But....theres a lot more to a player. Fielding % , and proper mechanics is way more important, as is hitting. The truth is, throwing speed isnt that important at all, as long as its average or better. Its nothing worth measuring, or focusing on....you can simply see it. Everyone can.

95% fielding %.....thats what important.
Only ONE girl on a college team could catch her? How bad was this college team?

Jun 8, 2016
Only ONE girl on a college team could catch her? How bad was this college team?
snqxxDG.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478