Outside-the-box ideas?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2015
Our 12u team is looking for an additional pitcher - along with about every other team in our area it seems like. Have posted messages on the local board. Asked team parents to be on the lookout, or if they have former teammates looking. Not even a sniff. Have talked with other coaches and they aren't getting responses either. In the meantime, we have asked our players if any want to start pitching with a couple of positive responses (won't help this season, but could/should in the future). Any ideas for finding pitching beyond the conventional ways?

May 17, 2012
Call all of the pitching coaches in your area.
Go to indoor/spring tournaments and recruit.

Take one practice and teach everyone to throw underhand (not pitch). Take the player that has the most potential and get to work.

Jun 12, 2015
DD is on a B team in an org with no real softball name yet. We took a developing pitcher (very new, really) with loads of potential, committed parents, and a willingness to work hard. I know we'll take our lumps as she learns control, but you know what you don't get with a developing pitcher? Diva attitude (either from her or her parents). I love the idea of giving your girls a chance to step up. Developing players is what real coaches do, especially at younger ages. IMHO :D

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD started pitching lessons in July and stepped into the circle for her first start the first week of September, so it can be done in @ 2 months if the girl works hard @ 4 days per week for an hour a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478