Outfielder Glove Upgrade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
As a follow up...both of my twins have the Vinci BV1929 and have loved them (though I'm not a fan of the weak laces), we have one black Limited version with the closed web that has finally worn so thin in the palm it's time for a replacement. We also have a Hybrid Optimus BV1929 with an H-web that DD (C/3rd) uses when she's not behind the dish, that glove is very nice! My (P/CF) DD also uses the Vinci 1961 for her OF duties and really likes that glove as well. Contact Drakemir on here if you go the Vinci route, he will hook you up with a great price. As mentioned we're currently in the process of replacing an IF glove for my pitcher, just ordered that All Star System Seven baseball glove (figured I didn't have anything to lose with their 100 day return policy) and am also looking at some Rawlings options in case that doesn't work out. By the way, my DD's are almost 17, last year in HS and playing Travel pretty much year round...can't imagine anyone who has put more work in with a BV1929L than my pitcher DD, she used that for OF as well until last year. She got almost 3 full years (one relace and recondition) with it. Yes, she's taken great care of it along the way, might be the dry climate out here in the Rockies...but just used the crap out of it!
Good luck with it!

May 21, 2014
if she happens to be a LHT, there are smoking deals to be had on the Mizuno gge70fpv. Outstanding gloves for the money at this point.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm not throwing any stones. I'll be in Kansas City for a couple of days this week and I'm guilty of checking to see if there was a Rawlings outlet in the area.
Which Kansas City? How far is either one from Manhattan, Kansas? You could actually check out Don Morton’s.

Hoping my geography hasn’t failed me..........there is still two Kansas City’s right? :rolleyes:

Apr 28, 2019
DD has been playing with a now floppy and worn out Rawlings FP125.

She has a 15th birthday coming in Dec and I’d like to get her an upgrade. Local selection is limited as you could imagine. She likes the Rawlings and seems to manage well with the 12.5”.

She mentioned a glove in gray. Looking at either the LA or the HOH but need to be able to justify the increased price.

She’ll be a Freshman next spring and will be playing first year 16u next summer with a handful of Fall tourneys starting next week.

Would like to have a glove in her hands by her birthday on Dec so she can work with it all winter and be game ready come spring.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get a LA in 12,5” or 13” in white or white and your choice of another color or two for $99. HOH in white/gray with black laces in 12.5 or 12.75 for $260. You can get them cheaper if you shop around.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Which Kansas City? How far is either one from Manhattan, Kansas? You could actually check out Don Morton’s.

Hoping my geography hasn’t failed me..........there is still two Kansas City’s right? :rolleyes:

There are still two lol. I’ll be about 2 hours from Manhattan, unfortunately. I doubt I’ll have time for the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I'm not throwing any stones. I'll be in Kansas City for a couple of days this week and I'm guilty of checking to see if there was a Rawlings outlet in the area.
You can always just blame me for letting you hold/caress Marcela's new glove this weekend.. 😉

Apr 30, 2018
Click to enlarge This is the glove my daughter is currently using and absolutely loves for the outfield. Very easy break in as well. 12.5 Super Skin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee