Outfielder Glove Upgrade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2011
DD has been playing with a now floppy and worn out Rawlings FP125.

She has a 15th birthday coming in Dec and I’d like to get her an upgrade. Local selection is limited as you could imagine. She likes the Rawlings and seems to manage well with the 12.5”.

She mentioned a glove in gray. Looking at either the LA or the HOH but need to be able to justify the increased price.

She’ll be a Freshman next spring and will be playing first year 16u next summer with a handful of Fall tourneys starting next week.

Would like to have a glove in her hands by her birthday on Dec so she can work with it all winter and be game ready come spring.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
First year 16U, so travel ball I see. What's the budget? What size girl and what size hands? The sky is the limit on OF gloves!

And she's strictly playing outfield?

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2011
She’s 5’4” average build with average size hands. Noticed the Velcro is pretty tight on her current glove.

Majority of games she plays is OF with the occasional inning at 2nd.

Looking for a glove that will last more than a couple years. Between Hs and summer travel ball she will play around 60 games / year. Would like to stay around $200. Spent around $70 on the last glove if I can remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The world is your oyster with those specs and that price range! AD will steer you right I'm sure.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Majority of the time my first recommendation here would be a Vinci RV1961. I’m at lunch, when I get back to work I’ll link a couple more.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
Majority of the time my first recommendation here would be a Vinci RV1961. I’m at lunch, when I get back to work I’ll link a couple more.
Annasdad knows everything gloves!!! We purchased a Vinci glove a couple months ago upon his recommendation and my DD loves it. The coaches have already noticed a difference in my DD in the outfield. She has smaller fingers, so we went with the Vinci BV-1929.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

I like both of these All-star options here, the Vela is a smoking deal, of course if it were my money I'd spent the extra and buy the System Seven baseball glove before they're all gone! Absolutely no comparison in quality between the two!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here's both colors of the Mizuno Pro-select baseball gloves.

JBG also has the Pro-select fastpitch for the same $250 price, they come in a 12.5" size.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here is a smoking deal I just found and I may look into for myself...........

This is the Mizuno Pro (not the $599 Pro-Limited), these retail for $349.00 and is the glove model that's one notch up the rung above the Pro-Select!
jppoker, I know it's $50.00 above the number you posted.........but it's $100.00 off of it's retail price right now!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28