Outfield glove 14 yr old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
My 14 yr old DD plays CF and 2nd base. She will start high school this year. Currently using a Bradley 12.25 due to extremely narrow wrists and fingers. I am looking for a good outfield glove to last through high school. I have had her try on some gloves at Dicks when we were out of town and the only gloves she felt were tight enough around the wrist were the Wilson A2000 11.75 and the 12 Sierra Romero. None of the sporting good stores in my hometown carry fastpitch gloves. Would prefer to get her into a 12.75-13 that is light if anyone knows something that could possibly fit.
Thanks

The Super skin A2000’s are light & have smaller fastpitch specific finger stalls. A 12.75” A2000 may be the way to go.
I wasn’t a big Wilson glove fan until recently. The A2000 catchers mitt changed my mind.
Have you looked at Vinci gloves? They have some all leather and some with Kevlar mesh backing to reduce weight.
Rawlings also has a HOH mesh backed glove to reduce weight.
Why do you want her to move to a considerably larger glove? Outfield use? Sounds like a 12.5/12.75 would be plenty big enough for your DD.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Super skin A2000’s are light & have smaller fastpitch specific finger stalls. A 12.75” A2000 may be the way to go.
I wasn’t a big Wilson glove fan until recently. The A2000 catchers mitt changed my mind.
Have you looked at Vinci gloves? They have some all leather and some with Kevlar mesh backing to reduce weight.
Rawlings also has a HOH mesh backed glove to reduce weight.
Why do you want her to move to a considerably larger glove? Outfield use? Sounds like a 12.5/12.75 would be plenty big enough for your DD.
He got in a new Vinci RV1961 today.

Apr 28, 2019
I hope Drakemir is okay, or still a rep? There was a mom who messaged me awhile back that I referred a BV1929 for her DD. She messaged me back several times saying he wouldn’t respond to her message, he did eventually get back to her and sell her a glove.

Anyone here know if he’s okay?

Drakemir can be hit or miss. Sometimes quick to reply and sometimes days between communication. In the end he did deliver but not the best customer service.
When you tell me I should have something on a certain date and that date comes and goes and weeks go by not great service. I would expect contact on given date either way if product arrived on time or was delayed.

Feb 26, 2020
Drakemir can be hit or miss. Sometimes quick to reply and sometimes days between communication. In the end he did deliver but not the best customer service.
When you tell me I should have something on a certain date and that date comes and goes and weeks go by not great service. I would expect contact on given date either way if product arrived on time or was delayed.
Didn’t go with Drakemir, he never replied back. Got the glove from Casedawg51, smooth easy transaction.

Apr 28, 2019
I actually had to contact Pete from Vinci to help me get a firm date on 2nd glove. He threw in a free pair of sunglasses for the hassle. Drakemir gave me a great deal on a 3rd glove. I don’t want to badmouth him but you gotta be honest.
Transaction should have been much smoother with better/more communication. Ultimately the girls love their gloves so it’s all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802