Outfield glove 14 yr old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2020
I got a used RV1961, sent it to Rous and had it re-laced in some serious tan lace, it looked fantastic, was already broken it perfectly. Took it to one of Anna’s 18U practices, the plan was to condition it while I was there. Probably six of the 16U girls were there practicing with us.

This one particular girl saw it, tried it on, fell in love, and within 10 minutes of being there, I gave it to her! Caught two balls with it!

If I were to get a new RV1961, I’d rip the laces out of it as soon as I opened the box.......and go back with tan Tanners!View attachment 17554
I got a used RV1961, sent it to Rous and had it re-laced in some serious tan lace, it looked fantastic, was already broken it perfectly. Took it to one of Anna’s 18U practices, the plan was to condition it while I was there. Probably six of the 16U girls were there practicing with us.

This one particular girl saw it, tried it on, fell in love, and within 10 minutes of being there, I gave it to her! Caught two balls with it!

If I were to get a new RV1961, I’d rip the laces out of it as soon as I opened the box.......and go back with tan Tanners!View attachment 17554

That is one nice looking glove! hHer school colors are red white and black.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’m going to Florida in July and I saw they have a Rawlings factory store in Orlando. Thought it might be a good place to let her try one on and just pick up the Vinci asap. Their website says they have 1000 gloves in stock at most times. Have you been there or know someone who has?
I’ve been to the Myrtle Beach outlet 7 or 8 times, I’ve bought 3 Spring Training gloves there, very hit and miss!

When they say 1000 gloves in stock, 992 are just retail gloves that you can get anywhere, it’s those other 8 gloves I’m interested in, nothing retail or mainstream!

I highly doubt you’ll see a Pro302 there unless it’s a Spring Trainer or some kind of promotion glove they had a run on, the 302 if I’m not mistaken is only available as a custom on the builder right now?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
FYI, one of my girls plays a lot of CF when she's not pitching (uses the All Star System Seven in the circle) and we chose the Vinci RV 1961 for her work out there. After owning several Vinci's I couldn't agree with AnnasDad more...change out the stock laces sooner rather than later.

Feb 26, 2020
FYI, one of my girls plays a lot of CF when she's not pitching (uses the All Star System Seven in the circle) and we chose the Vinci RV 1961 for her work out there. After owning several Vinci's I couldn't agree with AnnasDad more...change out the stock laces sooner rather than later.

Thanks sent drakemir a PM

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks sent drakemir a PM
You want the contact info of two of the best ball glove re-lacers in the country also? :LOL: Just kidding!

Congratulations, I think it's one of the best patterns out there for fastpitch outfield! When he gets back to you and you decide to buy it, see if he can have the wrist re-laced and set to the tightest setting so that part will be out of the way when it arrives, unless you know how to do it?

Feb 26, 2020
You want the contact info of two of the best ball glove re-lacers in the country also? :LOL: Just kidding!

Congratulations, I think it's one of the best patterns out there for fastpitch outfield! When he gets back to you and you decide to buy it, see if he can have the wrist re-laced and set to the tightest setting so that part will be out of the way when it arrives, unless you know how to do it?

Still waiting for him to reply back. I’ll let him know to set it to the smallest wrist size.
Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Still waiting for him to reply back. I’ll let him know to set it to the smallest wrist size.
Thanks
I hope Drakemir is okay, or still a rep? There was a mom who messaged me awhile back that I referred a BV1929 for her DD. She messaged me back several times saying he wouldn’t respond to her message, he did eventually get back to her and sell her a glove.

Anyone here know if he’s okay?

Feb 26, 2020
I agree......although the 12.75” RV1961 plays in at 12.5”. It’s plenty of outfield glove, but I think it’s too big for 2B.

I honestly believe those two positions require two different gloves.

My question last night about the budget was to tell the OP to check out a custom Rawlings 12.5” Pro302 off of the builder. The Pro302 has the snuggest / tightest hand stall of all Rawlings outfield gloves.

Yeah, a bit pricy but it’ll definitely last her all the way through HS, and is highly customizable and the HOH model will be made out of awesome Japanese tanned Steerhide! Can’t always look at the initial up front cost, you’ve got to do the math on what it’ll cost per year over a 3 or 4 year span.

Vinci came in today. Daughter loves it says the hand stall is good and loves the deeper pocket.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee