Outfield glove 14 yr old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2020
Until you answer the budget question, check out this 12.5” All-Star System Seven, Don Morton’s always has a coupon code going.

Don’t have a budget, whatever works best!

Feb 26, 2020
I agree......although the 12.75” RV1961 plays in at 12.5”. It’s plenty of outfield glove, but I think it’s too big for 2B.

I honestly believe those two positions require two different gloves.

My question last night about the budget was to tell the OP to check out a custom Rawlings 12.5” Pro302 off of the builder. The Pro302 has the snuggest / tightest hand stall of all Rawlings outfield gloves.

Yeah, a bit pricy but it’ll definitely last her all the way through HS, and is highly customizable and the HOH model will be made out of awesome Japanese tanned Steerhide! Can’t always look at the initial up front cost, you’ve got to do the math on what it’ll cost per year over a 3 or 4 year span.

Thanks for the help. I agree she needs 2 gloves. She is going to keep using the Bradley for second base and looks like a 12.5 is what is recommended most here. She had tried a black Rawlings heart of hide infield 12” h web I believe it was the 315 or 316 pattern and it lasted 1 year wasn’t impressed with it at all but it was the soft leather that is 80% game ready. She said the fit on it was ok. Are the fits about the same. Is the PRO302 a baseball or fastpitch glove? She has also tried on a girls Rawlings RLA130 and didn’t like the fit of it said it felt loose.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You really need to contact Drakemir here and inquire on the price & availability on a Vinci RV1961. I really like that pattern and hand stall size for exactly what you’re needing.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
You really need to contact Drakemir here and inquire on the price & availability on a Vinci RV1961. I really like that pattern and hand stall size for exactly what you’re needing.

This is solid advice. Got DD’s 1961-L from him a year or two ago. Drakmir can hook you up with a great deal. DD plays mostly center and it’s been a great glove. She is on the small side and it really fits her hand well. Love the pattern for an outfield glove. I just had it relaced a few months ago. These pics are when it was brand new.

Attachments

• 887196C8-2ABD-4431-A5C6-A741C9221901.jpeg
    887196C8-2ABD-4431-A5C6-A741C9221901.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 72A9360E-EF07-46A8-A09B-E68EEEDED559.jpeg
    72A9360E-EF07-46A8-A09B-E68EEEDED559.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I got a used RV1961, sent it to Rous and had it re-laced in some serious tan lace, it looked fantastic, was already broken it perfectly. Took it to one of Anna’s 18U practices, the plan was to condition it while I was there. Probably six of the 16U girls were there practicing with us.

This one particular girl saw it, tried it on, fell in love, and within 10 minutes of being there, I gave it to her! Caught two balls with it!

If I were to get a new RV1961, I’d rip the laces out of it as soon as I opened the box.......and go back with tan Tanners!D98D9058-8BE9-41C7-92DC-BAD37B46B20F.jpeg

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Size and pattern wise, I (me) think the Rawlings Pro302 and the Vinci RV1961 are pretty similar!

You guys know I’d absolutely take the Rawlings everyday of the week over the Vinci, and I like the 1961, it’s my favorite Vinci pattern they make. To me a custom Pro302 is close to double the price for a reason, they’re just not in the same class!

Feb 26, 2020
Baseball. I know not all here agree with me, if I recommend a fastpitch glove, it’ll 100% be a catchers mitt. I ALWAYS recommend a baseball glove for a fielders glove!

Thanks.
I have no problem buying a baseball glove, especially if it is Rawlings because IMO the HOH fastpitch glove she had seemed to have cheaper thinner leather than the HOH baseball gloves I’ve seen. It was floppy in 1 year and a teammate of hers had the same glove and it didn’t hold up well either. I personally don’t buy into a difference between the two except hand stall size and distance between finger stalls. Her Bradley is a Bandito pro which is technically a baseball glove with a good price point , she’s gamed it for a year and still looks brand new I would definitely recommend them to anyone 10u and under especially the igniter 4 finger with hinges. Picked one up for my 5 yr old boy last year and has made it a lot easier for him to catch the ball. I’ll show her the Vinci and Rawlings and see which one she likes. Got till next season to break it in, might just get both I can always keep it for my self and start another collection besides putters😉.
I’m going to Florida in July and I saw they have a Rawlings factory store in Orlando. Thought it might be a good place to let her try one on and just pick up the Vinci asap. Their website says they have 1000 gloves in stock at most times. Have you been there or know someone who has?

Thanks for all of your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802