OT: Best Baseball Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Question for the folks out there that have DBs playing baseball. My son is 8yo. Curious to find out what baseball bats are the hottest? For now I’m assuming cheap alloy bats will be fine due to lack of bat speed. I’ve heard Marucci Cat series is the best but wanted y’all opinion. TIA!

Jan 28, 2017
My son loved his Marucci bats. He has plays Middle School now and has to use a BBCOR bat and bought a Mizuno bat from Core. Great bat! Not sure about any othe Mizuno bat but would check it out.

Oct 31, 2021
Does your DB play rec or travel. Many rec leagues require USA bats that are dead. If travel USSSA are allowed. They are better. The Cat 9 connect or composite both are good ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May 28, 2019
Question for the folks out there that have DBs playing baseball. My son is 8yo. Curious to find out what baseball bats are the hottest? For now I’m assuming cheap alloy bats will be fine due to lack of bat speed. I’ve heard Marucci Cat series is the best but wanted y’all opinion. TIA!
Marucci Cat’s
Victus vandal too
Stick w 1 piece alloy for now. I’d guess he should be swinging a 27/-10

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
Marucci Cat’s
Victus vandal too
Stick w 1 piece alloy for now. I’d guess he should be swinging a 27/-10
This is correct. Got a Louisville Sugger 27/17 alloy with a big barrel lol. He hammers it when he hits the barrel. Got a ways to go with his swing. Hits everything off his hands unless pitch is away. Striding closed right now. Gonna be fun to teach him after teaching DD. She’s 14 now

May 28, 2019
I was naive and tried to put too much bat in my kid’s hands when he was 6ish. Learned the hard way.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just get a good Alloy bat for now. Mizuno Power Alloy is a good, cheap baseball bat for the younger kids

Mizuno makes some top baseball bats. The Hot Metals are as good as any Marucci and their BBCor Power Carbon
is the best feeling bat I have ever swung with the most consistent barrel size and balanced feel. And prices are so much more manageable than some other "names"

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My son loved his Marucci bats. He has plays Middle School now and has to use a BBCOR bat and bought a Mizuno bat from Core. Great bat! Not sure about any othe Mizuno bat but would check it out.
The Power Carbon is legit!! Also saves the pocket a little (darn good deal for a 425 retail bat)

Jun 26, 2021
I was quite pleased with the sturdy, long-lasting ALX50 alloy structure of Easton. It's a crucial characteristic for a baseball bat made for kids to have. It managed to endure the repeated banging against our barn that my nephew seems to like doing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles